Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Carlos on Dredd,

DAH: Let's get this out of the way: the Dredd movie. What did you think?

CE: I saw the film in London and it was a pleasant surprise! It captures the essence of the real Dredd, plus it is a return to the earlier one before it was on steroids, and Karl Urban does it perfectly!

http://www.lore-online.com/index.php/features/94-ezquerra-interview

Frank

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 January, 2013, 01:39:16 AM

Carlos on Dredd,

DAH: Let's get this out of the way: the Dredd movie. What did you think?

CE: I saw the film in London and it was a pleasant surprise! It captures the essence of the real Dredd, plus it is a return to the earlier one before it was on steroids, and Karl Urban does it perfectly!

I am glad, I was sit next to him and his wife, well his wife wasn't enjoy the film's violence ;)

Goaty

Too many great scenes! 6 days is not enough to wait!

James Stacey

Heard a rumour HMV might not be getting Dredd. Not on release at least. They have pulled their release promo t-shirt deal and haven't had all this weeks new releases in. I assume down to their big meeting with the bank later in the month

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: James Stacey on 08 January, 2013, 09:43:34 AM
Heard a rumour HMV might not be getting Dredd. Not on release at least. They have pulled their release promo t-shirt deal and haven't had all this weeks new releases in. I assume down to their big meeting with the bank later in the month

Ouch, that's not good. It's great that it's no.1 on Amazon etc, but visibility to punters on the high street is surely important to a successful release?

Goaty

Bollock! Was plan to buy Blu-Ray and DVD at HMV next week!

James Stacey

Nothing official, it just all seems to point to that.

Goaty

Happy to see 2000AD Forum changes their background into Dredd 3D! But review from Daily Star?  :-[

Spikes

Quote from: James Stacey on 08 January, 2013, 10:33:17 AM

Drokk! As ive got some Christmas pressies in the shape of HMV vouchers, on release day this was naturally gonna be my first port of call.

Goaty

I, Cosh

Quote from: James Stacey on 08 January, 2013, 10:33:17 AM
Well, if they're in as much trouble as folk are saying, suppliers aren't going to extend them stock of new product. Isn't that how it went with Game the other year?

Over the past year or so, HMV have been given ridiculously favourable terms by (essentially sale or return rather than cash up front) from all the big record labels who are desperate to retain at least one big opponent to the hegemony of Amazon and iTunes but I have no idea if this extends to other product lines. And they're still fucked.
We never really die.

Spikes

It doesnt look good for HMV at all, does it. A mate works there, and when i said id gotten some vouchers, he said 'spend 'em quick'.
It would be a shame if HMV does indeed close. Not least because of people losing their jobs.

SmallBlueThing

Yes, STRONGLY advise anyone with HMV vouchers to use them IMMEDIATELY. Like today, if you still can.

I wonder what will take the place of our's this time next month? Another pound shop, i imagine.

SBT

A.Cow

Quote from: Goaty on 08 January, 2013, 01:17:50 PM
Happy to see 2000AD Forum changes their background into Dredd 3D! But review from Daily Star?  :-[

Could be worse ... could be the Daily Mail.

Ugh!  I feel dirty even saying it!