Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

I would have missed the Minty graffiti if it hadn't been posted here first. Seeing 'Chopper' was great though.

Did anyone note that Anderson first refers to the CJ as 'Sir'. Perhaps female commanders are referred to this way in the military (I don't know) ...Perhaps the original CJ actor was to be male & scenes either side of the mirror were shot at different times...but I couldn't help think that the film CJ was offering us a more effeminate Dan Francisco than appears in the progs.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

JOE SOAP

CJ was intended as a female  - as per leaked script - before the role was cast. 'Sir' is an old-fashioned military term when used for a female, not sure if it happens so much these days.

radiator

It could also have been deliberate - to tell us a little about the judges, and how - as in the comics - they don't distinguish or discriminate between genders.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 January, 2013, 10:45:52 AM

CJ was intended as a female  - as per leaked script - before the role was cast. 'Sir' is an old-fashioned military term when used for a female, not sure if it happens so much these days.

I see. I liked it, it threw me...but I liked that. I liked Dredd's silence in that scene too, and his reflection.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Richmond Clements

I just got to say, "It's not marginal, they failed" in a conversation in the office.
It has made my day.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 29 January, 2013, 11:36:29 AM
I just got to say, "It's not marginal, they failed" in a conversation in the office.
It has made my day.
:lol:

Jim_Campbell

That means they get a sequel, right?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2013, 12:11:40 PM

That means they get a sequel, right?

Cheers

Jim

I should imagine so!

radiator

Just to rub a bit of salt in the wound, check out 111 film series that are getting sequels (including such cinematic gems as; Resident Evil, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Indiana Jones, American Pie, Austin Powers, Bourne, Despicable Me, Men in Black, Paranormal Activity, Pirates of the Caribbean, Project X, Prometheus, Salt, The Smurfs, Snow White and the Huntsman, Taken, Wanted, xXx and Yogi Bear).

Hooray!

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/24211/111-movie-sequels-currently-in-the-works

JOE SOAP

At least the Raid is getting a sequel with a budget increase of $3 million.

Hawkmumbler

Project X is getting a sequel?  :o
Who in there right fucking mind allowd THAT to happen?! That movie was appauling and an abomination.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 January, 2013, 04:42:42 PM
Who in there right fucking mind allowd THAT to happen?!

All the people who paid for its success at the box-office. Not to forget it being the most downloaded film of last year.

von Boom

Too many of those films were not worthy of a sequel (Snow White, bleech) and WE'RE holding our collective breath over Dredd. There's no drokking justice.

radiator

That's kind of my point.

What's perhaps most depressing is the once-decent series that continue to limp from installment to installment, even though they stopped being good years ago, coasting on name recognition and familiarity alone.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 January, 2013, 04:45:53 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 January, 2013, 04:42:42 PM
Who in there right fucking mind allowd THAT to happen?!

All the people who paid for its success at the box-office. Not to forget it being the most downloaded film of last year.
Fuck em! Not to put people's taste's down but the movie was a vile, crude, unfunny, uninteresting and just all round HORRIBLE experience. There truely is no justice in this world.