Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Quote from: blackmocco on 25 February, 2014, 07:58:58 PM
It's not just that the big guns are hyping this news, it's that the comments section on AICN - the domain of the snarky - have nothing but love for Dredd. Good signs.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66311

Urban makes me laugh. I wonder if he knew what he was doing when he blurted that out? I hope the studio is taking note of the positive response anyway. Particularly from hard to tame places like AICN.

And I'm now more convinced than ever that the marketing guy who saw Anderson as a bit character needs to be slapped upside the head with a 2 be fo'.

JOE SOAP

A short but on-the-nose discussion about the complexities of getting a sequel made that elaborates on the distribution issue(s) and the discrepancies of the first film's reported budget.

DREDD II

COMMANDO FORCES

That was both enjoyable and informative at the same time.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 February, 2014, 12:25:03 AM
That was both enjoyable and informative at the same time.

Entusiasm goes a long way...

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Yeah, that was a great piece.  Thanks Joe.

JOE SOAP

The distribution issues likely mean Lionsgate would need to buy-out some –maybe all– the other distributors, or co-produce, if they want to make it themselves. Not saying it will or won't be but such things have been done before (Kick-Ass got traded around) and where there's a will...

COMMANDO FORCES

Thank God you corrected yourself, I thought for a second you were trying to say euthanasia :lol:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 February, 2014, 12:38:57 AM
Thank God you corrected yourself, I thought for a second you were trying to say euthanasia :lol:

Not till I'm 50.

Goaty

Now film sites pick it up.

Even one site used my created poster! ;)

Steve Green

Quote from: Stan on 25 February, 2014, 11:17:17 PM
Quote from: blackmocco on 25 February, 2014, 07:58:58 PM
It's not just that the big guns are hyping this news, it's that the comments section on AICN - the domain of the snarky - have nothing but love for Dredd. Good signs.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66311

Urban makes me laugh. I wonder if he knew what he was doing when he blurted that out? I hope the studio is taking note of the positive response anyway. Particularly from hard to tame places like AICN.

And I'm now more convinced than ever that the marketing guy who saw Anderson as a bit character needs to be slapped upside the head with a 2 be fo'.

I guess it's not that different from what he's said before, more that he continues to say it after the whole 'watching the Blu-Ray sales'.

Also that, for now, it generates publicity and hits for sites/videos so they run with it.

How long you can keep saying the same thing before people stop biting, I don't know.

The next thing will be how Adi Shankar's short is received.

Goaty

Well I think Karl is smart to do that, as only little talk about it, but to "kickstarter" the rumour, and lots sites pick up on it, I never see so many nice comments on those about want see the sequel, so the power that be would see how many people want that.

Thanks Karl as it been quiet last few months about sequel!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 February, 2014, 12:09:46 AMthe discrepancies of the first film's reported budget
Funny how that's come back to bite them, assuming Garland was telling the truth (and there's no reason to think otherwise). Big up the film by saying it had a bigger budget than it did, and then that's used as a stick to beat it with when coupled with the dreadful box-office. It'd be interesting to know more accurately what the (pre-marketing) budget was, because there's a world of difference between, say, $15m, $35m and $50m. (That all said, I still think any Dredd follow-up is astonishingly unlikely purely because of risk, but who knows?)

sheldipez

I'm not having a go at the movie in anyway but I thought that the budget was a bit on the high side comparing to what ended up onscreen. I just assumed it was the 3D jacking up the price.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheldipez on 26 February, 2014, 10:59:56 AM
I'm not having a go at the movie in anyway but I thought that the budget was a bit on the high side comparing to what ended up onscreen.

Worth mentioning that there are a lot of FX shots that really don't look like FX shots.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.