Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Whens the short due? Should have been out by now....

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 31 May, 2014, 10:54:59 PM
Should have been out by now....

I see no reason why.

Hawkmumbler

Adi set a date about 8 months ago for mid May. :|

JOE SOAP

I don't recall that he ever gave a date. Last January he said a third of it was completed.

Goaty

Maybe he hold it for 9th June (Goaty's birthday)  :lol:

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 May, 2014, 11:20:00 PM

I don't recall that he ever gave a date. Last January he said a third of it was completed.

I could have sworn 'a few months' mentioned 'a few months ago'

Hawkmumbler

THAT recent? Blimey, sorry for the confusion chaps, I could have sworn we'd been expecting this longer.

Steve Green

From his twitter feed.

"@cbumbray glad to hear it Chris, and u gave DREDD a great review last year so I can't be too sad. Look out 4 my DREDD short in a few months."

Jan 24th this year.

Steve Green

COMMANDO FORCES

That two months notice was quickly followed by Rebellion wanting to talk to Adi. A request was despatched via Twitter, from a droid. Intriguing, is it not!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 June, 2014, 12:21:19 AM
That two months notice was quickly followed by Rebellion wanting to talk to Adi. A request was despatched via Twitter, from a droid. Intriguing, is it not!

Maybe disclaimers were discussed (not something Adi's bothered with before).

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 May, 2014, 09:30:35 PM

From a recent interview with Adi Shankar:

[ He's also proud of 1984 Private Defense Contractors' slate of short films, one of which is set to make very big waves very soon...

Shankar talks about the passionate "Dredd" devotees.

"The fan base keeps growing to the point where the growth has eclipsed the intense depression I felt from the film's initial commercial outcome," he says. "So for the past year and a half I've been working on an 'unofficial' Dredd short. Tonally it's very different to the movie, and like all my 'Bootleg Universe' shorts, it's 100 percent for the fans. A thank you for being so damn loyal"
  ]

I'm curious to see what direction he goes in.

Richmond Clements

Personally, I think it's disgraceful that he's not on here giving regular updates as to what he's doing and involving the fans in every step of the process.

dweezil2

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 01 June, 2014, 10:04:49 PM
Personally, I think it's disgraceful that he's not on here giving regular updates as to what he's doing and involving the fans in every step of the process.

His probably keen to avoid discussions on flying cars and helmet size!   :lol:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: dweezil2 on 01 June, 2014, 10:15:15 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 01 June, 2014, 10:04:49 PM

His probably keen to avoid discussions on flying cars and helmet size!   :lol:
Ego's to big.