Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 14 January, 2013, 07:51:14 AM
If Dredd 3D isn't sat in the hallway waiting for me when I get home from work I will be blubbing into my pint all evening.

If your area got snow, you might...

Goaty

Got the drokkers! Good thing ASDA is opps to my workplace. Haha!

junox

enjoy  im just watching the interviews with the cast
only got the DVD . going to get the blu ray  later today  ultraviolet
good old Asda's  got it out the vault room at  00:45  this morning for me . I was BUZZIN   :o :o 

sad to say TESCOS wouldnt release till 7am  today

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 14 January, 2013, 12:36:05 AMTurns out I was wrong about him indicating a sequel was still probable. He's just really hopeful it continues.
And, let's face it, the film's director's hardly in a piece going to press around the time the shiny discs come out going to go: "Yeah, it bombed. Zero chance of a sequel."

Spikes

Id like to be able to review it, but alas its sold out. Bad for me, but good for the film.

Mike Carroll

Got the Blu-Ray (even though the only Blu-Ray player in the house is in my PC) and the DVD on Friday at HMV in Liffey Valley, Dublin. We arrived just as the guy was opening the box to put them on the shelves, so we were the FIRST! This I found to be greatly significant because back in February 1977 I was the very first person in my area to get 2000AD (I was in the shops when the comics were delivered).

Anyway... I've watched the Blu-Ray twice so far, and it's still a cracking movie!

Unfortunately there's no commentary or deleted scenes, but there are some nice (though far too short) features, and lots of little interview snippets (some of which already appear - in part - in the other features).

I'm hoping that if the discs are selling as well as they appear to be, maybe somewhere down the line we'll get a special edition with lots more extras, but for now I'm more than happy with the release!

-- Mike

Hawkmumbler

Mr. Carrol (or anyone else whom has it already) can you confirm for me that the BD is extra free?

Hawkmumbler

Where's the mother drokking edit button? 3D BD I meant to say!

COMMANDO FORCES

That Lena Headey interview was interesting (apart from being seconds long) due to hearing her natural voice while she is in Ma-Ma mode :o

Tiplodocus

There's about as much chance of getting a sequel if you all buy the DVD as there is of Kelly Brook shagging me because I keep getting the calendar. 

Which is good enough for me!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

moly

Got mine from sainsburys at number one in the chart for blu ray and dvd

Something Fishy

Got it today. Mine to enjoy in glorious 2d over and over.

I hear stores are getting very little stock.  Very odd as it sounds like the demand is there.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Something Fishy on 14 January, 2013, 08:19:12 PM
Got it today. Mine to enjoy in glorious 2d over and over.

I hear stores are getting very little stock.  Very odd as it sounds like the demand is there.

Is Apple handling the distribution now?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Something Fishy on 14 January, 2013, 08:19:12 PMI hear stores are getting very little stock.  Very odd as it sounds like the demand is there.
Maybe buyers looked at the box office figures and bought relatively few copies.

Something Fishy

Hope not on both. Still at least there is scope if it sees good sales for more stock to roll out.

Should be a word of mouth seller this.