Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

sheridan

Krakajac

Ginger Baker.  Always loved his drumming.

Greg M.

Yes - an 'orrible curmudgeon, but one of the greatest drummers of all time, and probably my favourite.

rogue69

von Boom

That's a shame. I still believe the Soviet space program doesn't get the credit it deserves. RIP.

rogue69

Stephen Moore, the actor famed for voicing Marvin the Paranoid Android in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, has died at the age of 81.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/5515/stephen_moore_rip/

Greg M.

I always greatly enjoyed Moore's reading of the Life, the Universe, and Everything audio book - it was my favourite Hitchhikers tome as a callow youth. His mellifluous tones have imprinted the phrase "its long legs unlocking in a smooth ballet of technology" into my mind forever.

Apestrife

Robert Forster has passed away. Played Max Cherry in Jackie Brown, Sheriff Frank Truman in Twin Peaks and Ed the vacuum cleaner repairman in Breaking Bad among other roles. Brilliant actor.

von Boom

Quote from: rogue69 on 13 October, 2019, 10:17:50 AM
Stephen Moore, the actor famed for voicing Marvin the Paranoid Android in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, has died at the age of 81.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/5515/stephen_moore_rip/
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed. He was perfect as Marvin. RIP.

TordelBack

Yep, his Marvin was splendid, definitive even, and a major part of the success of the series for me. Also one of the voices I 'do' when trying to get my kids out of a grump: 'School. Don't talk to me about school. 20 years of formal education and all I do now is sit in traffic with you two'.  RIP.

karlos

Yes, he will always be Marvin to me - and, I suspect, most of you lot, too.

The TV HGttG was my first exposure to sc-fi as a young 'un and I'll always hold a soft spot in my tired old heart for every single cast member.

Dandontdare

Robert Evans, aged 89 - poducer of (among many others) Chinatown, Rosemary's Baby, Marathon Man and The Cotton Club.

His autobiography "The Kid Stays in the Picture" is a terrific read - an honest glimpse at the last days of the old hollywood studio system, with plenty of coke-fulled parties and A-list anecdotes.

Rately

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 October, 2019, 06:07:37 PM
Robert Evans, aged 89 - poducer of (among many others) Chinatown, Rosemary's Baby, Marathon Man and The Cotton Club.

His autobiography "The Kid Stays in the Picture" is a terrific read - an honest glimpse at the last days of the old hollywood studio system, with plenty of coke-fulled parties and A-list anecdotes.

A fantastic book and a very interesting character.

strontium pup

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 October, 2019, 06:07:37 PM

i think that was made into a documentary