Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

(Applause)

And death rained down upon them!

:D
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 03 November, 2023, 06:10:53 PM(Applause)

Well, I don't have a major challenge with that!
(Sorry, just trying to make my vocabulary deflect pro... I mean, challenges.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 November, 2023, 07:26:57 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 03 November, 2023, 06:10:53 PM(Applause)

Well, I don't have a major challenge with that!
(Sorry, just trying to make my vocabulary deflect pro... I mean, challenges.)

I don't like that sort of language policing. The mathemetician in me relishes a good problem, and a challenge sounds like some mo'erfucker wants too throw hands. CTRL-A Find+Replace isn't a mental health strategy.
You may quote me on that.

M.I.K.

Aye, it sounds worse to me. Problems can be solved and challenges lost.

Jade Falcon

I remember being at a therapist pre-Covid, hopeless it was
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 November, 2023, 10:38:56 AMJust been thinking recently about therapists I've seen over the years - sometimes, there's no one on earth that winds me up more and brings out the worst in me.

Mrs. Solo wanted me to pass on a recommendation for the Huberman Lab podcast. From what Mrs. Solo told me, Huberman supports proven methods (as in, studied for efficacy)- and she sees it as a useful free resource.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Also, read a good book. I recommend Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

"The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 04 November, 2023, 02:12:08 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 November, 2023, 10:38:56 AMJust been thinking recently about therapists I've seen over the years - sometimes, there's no one on earth that winds me up more and brings out the worst in me.

Mrs. Solo wanted me to pass on a recommendation for the Huberman Lab podcast. From what Mrs. Solo told me, Huberman supports proven methods (as in, studied for efficacy)- and she sees it as a useful free resource.

Thank you very much, and thanks to Mrs Solo too. I'll definitely check it out. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sintec

Long time lurker on this thread but finally gonna break the ice and post as (for better or worse) things seem to have reached some kind of crescendo. Have been mentally checked out of my own life for the what feels like forever, think it's been 2+ years at this point. Finally got the wake up call I needed when my partner told me she needed more and was going to leave if I didn't sort myself out. It's been a struggle and we're still on pretty rocky ground all things told. Right now I'm just trying to work out what a new me looks like. It's scary af. Just really wish I'd been able to hear her long before it got to this point. She's been eternally patient with me and my mental health over the years and I feel like an idiot for letting things get to this point. Can't turn back the clock though.

Anyway got a first appointment with a therapist later this week. Always felt it'd be a waste of time so never bothered, will see I guess. Tbh right now it'd just be good to talk through all this shit with someone who isn't involved.

Jade Falcon

I quit a day before I got paid, and did get my next wage.  The question is, I had to work for a month before I got my first pay, so am I due another wage?  Another thing...I applied for UC, and it will be about a month before I get anything, and I have the grand total of about £220 in my account and another £250 in a savings account...

I haven't eaten anything substantial for two days, and just don't feel good...I'm slipping into a deeper depression..
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sintec on 07 November, 2023, 09:24:40 AMLong time lurker on this thread but finally gonna break the ice and post as (for better or worse) things seem to have reached some kind of crescendo. Have been mentally checked out of my own life for the what feels like forever, think it's been 2+ years at this point. Finally got the wake up call I needed when my partner told me she needed more and was going to leave if I didn't sort myself out. It's been a struggle and we're still on pretty rocky ground all things told. Right now I'm just trying to work out what a new me looks like. It's scary af. Just really wish I'd been able to hear her long before it got to this point. She's been eternally patient with me and my mental health over the years and I feel like an idiot for letting things get to this point. Can't turn back the clock though.

Anyway got a first appointment with a therapist later this week. Always felt it'd be a waste of time so never bothered, will see I guess. Tbh right now it'd just be good to talk through all this shit with someone who isn't involved.

Always happy to see someone share their shitty experiences here. I really hope the therapy goes well - and if it doesn't, don't forget there are plenty of other therapists will suit you better.

Jade, really hope things work out for you too.

karlos

Jade Falcon, I've been exactly where you are.

It all sounds like clichés but honestly hang in there.

Things like applying for UC, that is a positive step.

Pick up the phone, speak to a friend or family member.

Just chat with someone.

I know words from a stranger might not mean anything at all right now, but take some time for yourself.

And yes, if you worked a month in hand, you are owed that.

Look after yourself.

Jade Falcon

I emailed the company about the weeks lying time and got back a letter written in pure corporate which said nothing at all.  This company is really bad for this crap, not being able to give a plain answer.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You could amuse yourself by forcing them to continue the mail chain. Just throw their own empty corporate language back in their faces. Just waste their time and energy. Feck ye could get chatgpt to compose the emails for you. It won't achieve anything but you might find it satisfying
You may quote me on that.

Jade Falcon

Well...late November and mixed news.  I'm not being sanctioned by DWP for leaving work, but I won't get a penny till December 12-14 approx.  Meanwhile I have bills and a rapidly dwindling savings.

The garage that said they would look at my car in a week and a half at 27th October have not even moved it from the spot it was sitting it.  I CAN'T do without it.  I don't at the moment have anything in the house, and I'm making sure I'm not using heating to save bills.

This year is going to be even worse than usual....what's the sense in carrying on