Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Well Apoceclipse was being a colossal arse, as so many of us often are, and Jim pointed it out as justification for putting him on Ignore. It's not polite, but it is honest and direct. It wasn't sustained bullying or anything, it was just a lack or patience with a certain style of poster, which Apoceclipse at least initially seems to represent.

We should all deal with each other politely, but it isn't always possible or desirable.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 11 September, 2016, 03:33:03 PM
Well Apoceclipse was being a colossal arse, as so many of us often are, and Jim pointed it out as justification for putting him on Ignore. It's not polite, but it is honest and direct. It wasn't sustained bullying or anything, it was just a lack or patience with a certain style of poster, which Apoceclipse at least initially seems to represent.

We should all deal with each other politely, but it isn't always possible or desirable.
This, all of this.

Be excellent to each other.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 September, 2016, 03:38:01 PM

This, all of this.

Be excellent to each other.

Kill the Hippies!  ;)

Seriously though, and coming Back to Apoceclipse original posts on mind-control; I'm sure we're all aware of the LSD experiments on soldiers and other forms of Brainwashing that have been conducted in the past. But I believe you claimed that yourself and others you know have broken your programming. If this is the case I would (politely) ask two things...

1: How did you break your programming?

2: If you (and others) have easily broken your programming why is it a major concern?

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 September, 2016, 09:21:33 AMApoceclipse has posted in exactly the correct thread for this kind of thing

With respect to Apoceclipse I would hazard he won't have your equanimity and magnanimity in fielding any contrariness on our part without thinking we're impugning him personally. Therefore, I don't think

Quote from: NapalmKev on 11 September, 2016, 03:52:50 PM
I believe you claimed that yourself and others you know have broken your programming. If this is the case I would (politely) ask two things...

is a particularly good idea. There are more than a few skeptics here I suspect have refrained from commenting for this very reason rather than us being unaware of MKUltra's actual existence.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 September, 2016, 03:28:31 PM
No. The insult was a different thing. Sheridan pulled me up on the right/wrongness of telling someone you've killfiled them, whilst failing to chastise Apoceclipse for the exact same thing.
I didn't actually specify anybody in particular in my comment - you've chosen to interpret it as being aimed at you alone and not Apoceclipse.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 11 September, 2016, 06:08:26 PM
I didn't actually specify anybody in particular in my comment - you've chosen to interpret it as being aimed at you alone and not Apoceclipse.

Fair enough. I apologise for implying a double standard. I was feeling a little got at, and was clearly over-sensitive. Apologies, once again.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grugz

now that we have that childish behaviour out of the way can we please re-don our tin foil hats and fill our buckets of fish heads and continue with the conspiracy theories please? fank yu!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Hawkmumbler

Grugz

well that is mad, everyone knows its cheese...or a giant space egg.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Apoceclipse

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 September, 2016, 03:08:39 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 11 September, 2016, 02:38:35 PM
Personally I feel it's one thing to killfile somebody (not something I've ever done), but another to publicly announce it.

You noticed I did that in response to Apoceclipse publicly announcing that he killfiled someone, right? I await your condemnation of his breach of netiquette, although my copy of the 'rules' must be out of date, because I've always thought the reverse was true, since it prevents the other party becoming frustrated with the lack of response, should they address posts to someone who has them on 'ignore'.

EDIT: First of all, killfile makes me extremely uneasy as a term, and it sounded like someone was saying that I said that I killfiled someone which clearly I did not state, unless killfille means: ignore - in which case I did state that - but I was only kidding, to make 'a point'. ahahahah no grammar or punctuation here, folks. no thank you

I'm lost, and confused. I am sure you all realized this. Killfile? Is that ignore or whatever? When I responded to the one person's comment, I didn't actually ignore them or anything, I was just mirroring what I thought was a stupid comment. So I shot the same thing back. I was too curious of his response to actually block him, and by now, I would have to go back to even check who we are talking about.

And I guess I don't frequent forums, so I am not used to this - but why are people talking about me like in the past tense, like I am not still here... haha this sounds like a stupid question to you perhaps, but to me, the manner you communicate in is... 'odd' - (euphemism)  :lol:

Apoceclipse

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 11 September, 2016, 06:00:38 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 September, 2016, 09:21:33 AMApoceclipse has posted in exactly the correct thread for this kind of thing

With respect to Apoceclipse I would hazard he won't have your equanimity and magnanimity in fielding any contrariness on our part without thinking we're impugning him personally. Therefore, I don't think

Quote from: NapalmKev on 11 September, 2016, 03:52:50 PM
I believe you claimed that yourself and others you know have broken your programming. If this is the case I would (politely) ask two things...

is a particularly good idea. There are more than a few skeptics here I suspect have refrained from commenting for this very reason rather than us being unaware of MKUltra's actual existence.

Good points, but the thing is, I can handle it. I don't take it personally but I am obviously sensitive, bias, and simply won't stand for quick shots that are not backed with any actual research into the subject matter.

If anyone tries to argue about anything, when they obviously don't actually know about the subject, I would take the same position. I would tell them to get real, actually get some experience and knowledge or at least one, and then revisit the situation. You can't weigh in when you bring literally nothing of substance to the table... My opinion, of course... a little extreme, but I stand behind it.

Apoceclipse

Quote from: sheridan on 11 September, 2016, 02:38:35 PM
Personally I feel it's one thing to killfile somebody (not something I've ever done), but another to publicly announce it.

I see there was mild confusion over this post? Between forum people? You being one? Hahah is that making sense. I was only jokingly replying - rhetoric - with the same line of reasoning I was getting from the comment. To make an example/prove a point. I didn't follow through very well with that one, did I? Hahahaha

I didn't 'ignore' anyone, if that is what kill file means, which is not my preferred term at all here, to dually note that.

Apoceclipse

Skin, you see - mine is thicker than that. I hope we can still talk, I know I am having fun and learning.

Shark, let me know if I piss you off too bad and 'hi-jack' your thread, and I will move on...

Grugz

at least you haven't been accused of being scojo...yet.

Apoceclipse

Did you guys really never even consider the possibility, nor of even asking, if I was actually serious. (about the  'official' ignoring of someone)

I know the rest of the subject matter is very serious, but do know that while I may be 'missing pieces' of some aspects of 'normal living in modern times' I do realize that I am on a comic book forum, and am breaching some... taboo(?) subject matter - so while I stand very firm on my position, I too can joke around, and contextualize a 'come-back' - if I deem necessary? Eh?

Pretentious?  :lol: