Main Menu

Avengers - Infinity War

Started by Judgedreddrocks, 27 April, 2018, 10:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Gave up the location of the soul stone is what I meant. I know the pressure the character was under and how they felt guilt at treatment of other character but, given that ten minutes previously they had been willing to sacrifice themselves, I didn't entirely buy it.

It did fit with the general theme of sacrifice actually being pretty hard to follow through on though, I guess.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Sorry for double post. 

Anyway it was minor quibble for me. Other people saw it differently.  I'm not going to start a petition saying the film is removed from canon because of it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 08 May, 2018, 12:16:15 PM
Gave up the location of the soul stone is what I meant. I know the pressure the character was under and how they felt guilt at treatment of other character but, given that ten minutes previously they had been willing to sacrifice themselves, I didn't entirely buy it.

I didn't buy it initially meself, but reflecting on what passed between them in GotG2, that[spoiler] as children Gamora never once allowed herself to lose to spare Nebula her punishment[/spoiler], I took it that this was the time that she finally chose her sister over all.

Tiplodocus

I'm going to the cinema to see it again but pretend I hate it so I can amplify every tiny little plot inconsistency in my mind.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 08 May, 2018, 10:10:06 PM
I'm going to the cinema to see it again but pretend I hate it so I can amplify every tiny little plot inconsistency in my mind.

It is the modern mode after all.

Slightly more seriously, I enjoy the popular idea of flipping the whole thing, and viewing it as a Thanos movie, depicting his struggle against impossible odds to recover all the maguffins from a legion of superpowered villains and achieve his goal of galactic peace and prosperity.  In this light[spoiler] the end credits scene echoes a traditional sequel villain-setup[/spoiler] a la Flash Gordon.

Tiplodocus

Just watched this again on the telly and still impressed. By the end, it makes the time fly though I did feel it dragged slightly at the start despite all ofthe impressively staged action. There's still not enough of Cap though. And the amount of levity in Thor story sort of undercuts that has on a mad rampage of revenge and means you never quite believe he will do for Thanos.

But really looking forward to Endgame. As long as it has more Cap.

Dandontdare

Reckon the new one may make a bit of cash - my closest multiplex has 61 showings tomorrow, starting at 8am!  :o

I might give it a week till the mob dies down (just need to avoid the internet till then....)

I'll lave it to someone who's seen Endgame to start a new thread....

Mattofthespurs

My Cineworld is doing the same.
We are going on Sunday to see it as a family.