Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

JayzusB.Christ

Best of luck, DDD; hope it all works out. I lead a pretty unhealthy life too and am not getting any younger; i think I'll have to sort myself out soon before I'm forced to.

Also, best of luck to you too HM; I know what it's like.  I was extremely shy and lonely when I was young, but in my thirties my social life suddenly improved vastly (mainly due to my job at the time teaching English to foreigners).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Prodigal2

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 March, 2016, 04:46:49 PM
The Black Dog made an unwelcome visit again this week. I've been all too aware recently if my disintegrating social life. Work leaves me so emotionally exhausted that I hardly leave the house, and all my close friend have been out of touch for some time now. Added to that...I'm just incredibly lonely. I'm surrounded by people but at the same time feel like I'm completely isolated. Most of my dive buddies are at least twice my age and lovely as they are the age bracket shows. I've even considered looking at shared accommodation just to alleviate it a little. I like doing things alone, but it's starting to get to the point where I'm shutting myself off from everyone else, and I can't let myself do that.

Hawk I just wanted to echo Sharky's sentiments and wish you the best fella. I totally agree that this place is a good place.

richerthanyou

Off to see the brain doctor next week. Apparently as a student I get 10 sessions free. So here's hoping they can cure me by then :D

I feel sorry for whoever gets me though. They have never had anyone this messed up in there before
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Tjm86

Quote from: richerthanyou on 12 March, 2016, 07:17:33 PM
I feel sorry for whoever gets me though. They have never had anyone this messed up in there before

Had the 'pleasure' of a work allocated counsellor once before.  Her comment at the end of the last session was the she had never worked with anyone as difficult before.  :o

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 March, 2016, 08:07:07 AM
Quote from: richerthanyou on 12 March, 2016, 07:17:33 PM

Had the 'pleasure' of a work allocated counsellor once before.  Her comment at the end of the last session was the she had never worked with anyone as difficult before.  :o
I had the complete opposit after 10 weeks of counselling, apparently I was one of the more open and easy to work with. It was those weeks I realised that as bad as my problems are, I have a home, a functioning family (of gobshites), hobbies to keep me busy and job experience and opportunities. I might not be in an ideal position, but i'm grateful i'm not in a worse one.

Tjm86

Aye, one of my colleagues at work has a son with Leukemia.  Kind of puts in perspective.

I do think it was just that she was the wrong counsellor for me.  Tried a different one a few years later and it was far more effective.

Grugz

been plagued by black hound this week or more and have discovered I have trichosomething mania as I have been cutting and pulling out my hair,more so recently,so am now down to the and desperately trying to combat the urge  to mess with it ,a peek on the interwebs shows I'm not alone despite feeling it but I haven't found any good advice on how to control the urge to pull/cut,my wife's "just don't do it" isn't as simple as it sounds.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Taryn Tailz

Don't know if this suits the black dog thread (although the contents of a recently locked thread upset me a fair bit) but:

I've just been given my official referral to the Gender Identity Clinic in Glasgow. So I guess this is my coming out as transgender on the forum. 'eek'

Gonna be dropping the name Tim and taking the name Taryn soon.

Dandontdare

Nice name!

I'm sure this won't be an easy journey, but hopefully the benefits and peace of mind will far outweigh the inevitable difficulties and shitty attitudes you will face. All the best with that!

von Boom

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 17 March, 2016, 05:13:36 PM
Don't know if this suits the black dog thread (although the contents of a recently locked thread upset me a fair bit) but:

I've just been given my official referral to the Gender Identity Clinic in Glasgow. So I guess this is my coming out as transgender on the forum. 'eek'

Gutsy. It's your skin and you should live in it the best way that makes you happy. I hope it all goes well for you.

Old Tankie

auxlen

QuoteDon't know if this suits the black dog thread (although the contents of a recently locked thread upset me a fair bit) but:

indeed, all the best. just be patient with people who cant wrap their head around it. not everyone cis is a monster...we sometimes need a little clarification or a nudge in the right direction.

Taryn Tailz

Thanks everyone. I must say I've had nothing but positive reactions so far, including from my family, so I'm doing well so far. :P

Without going tmi, I'm only intending on going on Hormone Replacement...so know surgery for me. :P I believe that's a fairly common choice though.

richerthanyou

Nice to hear Taryn. Good luck on your journey  :)
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)