Main Menu

Play that funky music, oldie

Started by Floyd-the-k, 11 April, 2004, 06:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

Yo! Word up!
 This will probably be useless to those of you with great web fu, but this link has lots of fun 80`s dance stuff. My wife found it and has been reliving her discobunny phrase

yours singing `this is not a looooooooooooooove song`

Floyd

Link: http://www.toa-kaikan.com/bb/" target="_blank">notalovesoooooooooooong

Devons Daddy

sad admission
if i need any and i mean ANY 80s music i only have to go the music room and open the cd cabinets. you name it i shamelessly own it!

something i started whilst i was on the ship. with a large disposable income. i would buy up the CDs i always wanted but could not afford in my teenage years.
from human leagues DARE to ultravox via duran duran and Dexys midnight runners. FREEEZE and alphaville. they are all in there. i may not have played them at all in the last ten years but i enjoy owning them.

i still collect CDs at least one disc a week.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Pyroxian

> i only have to go the music room and open the
>cd cabinets

I don't even have to go that far - just open up the 80's mp3 folder on my hard-disc - ooh there's some dodgy stuff there ;) But not as bad as the 70's folder (although I'll defend Rasputin by Boney-M to the end)

Steve

Queen Firey-Bou

i'm with the rasputin block !

out of the cringe vinyl colection from hell, that boney m one still sounds great.

tho the 80's stuff like heaven 17 is pish, unlistenable to garbage, oh my grud , and stuff like the 12" paul haig single?! awful ! & this stuff was so damn cool at the time, what were we thinking ?

fave vinyl hit at present is the double Bauhaus, that ROCKs & has gotten better with age.

Floyd-the-k

Heaven 17 pish! No way. they were named after the fictional band in Clockwork Orange and they did Penthouse to Pavement (I think). Other eighties bands do not stand the test of time.
  unfortunately my four year old only wants to hear `Jet Boy Jet Girl`, so we have to play that every time we want to hear `Not a love Song`. The sacrifices parents make

yours planning to put on a thin tie and visit Singapore to make MD`s of DD`s entire collection