Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: Stan on 09 January, 2013, 05:02:48 PM
I'm still waiting for the next gimmick before I upgrade from DVD.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Stan on 09 January, 2013, 05:02:48 PM
I'm still waiting for the next gimmick before I upgrade from DVD.

That will be the discs for those TV's on show at Vegas this week, which are 4 x sharper than HD :o

Steve Green

Waste of time for the average UK home...

Even BR/HD is a bit pointless below a 40" TV.

Physical media is going to be increasingly marginalised, I'll  be surprised if a 4K Home Video market takes off, at best it will be a niche (expensive) product like Laserdisc was.

COMMANDO FORCES

There is one company showing a 90" TV off as well. I can see Caz going for that, as it would save on wallpaper (that's for me really).

Proudhuff

Not a lot of point to HD when the TV content is so low
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

There's no way I'm getting a new TV or player just for one movie - I take it there's a bog standard 2D DVD as well?

and the idea of buying the US import because the cover art is slightly better strikes me as crazy talk - It's like refusing to go on a date with a hot girl because you don't like the car she rolled up in.

COMMANDO FORCES

I agree, I wouldn't buy the US version. That's why I bought the French one and the Oz one. I alone will kickstart the world economy :lol:

Steve Green

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 January, 2013, 05:47:44 PM
There's no way I'm getting a new TV or player just for one movie - I take it there's a bog standard 2D DVD as well?

and the idea of buying the US import because the cover art is slightly better strikes me as crazy talk - It's like refusing to go on a date with a hot girl because you don't like the car she rolled up in.

Yeah there's a standard 2D DVD as well.

I bought the US one, purely because the sound is slightly better.

The Enigmatic Dr X

The Blu Ray / 3D combo is Amazon's bestselling DVD at the moment. A good sign, or just fans pre-ordering?
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

No it isn't. It's number 2. Skyfall is number 1.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 09 January, 2013, 08:08:28 PM
The Blu Ray / 3D combo is Amazon's bestselling DVD at the moment. A good sign, or just fans pre-ordering?

It's the best selling blu-ray on amazon.com all right; it was in the top 10 during pre-orders but jumped to number one a day or two after it was available for shipping.

strontium71

Is there any realistic chance of a potential sequel if the DVD/BluRay sales were through the roof?
...because I hate you.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: strontium71 on 09 January, 2013, 08:43:06 PM
Is there any realistic chance of a potential sequel if the DVD/BluRay sales were through the roof?

I keep reading that it was Taken's DVD sales that green-lighted the sequel after unimpressive cinema box office.

Mind you, they keep saying the same thing about Firefly/Serenity, and I'm still waiting for that sequel... :-(

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: radiator on 09 January, 2013, 08:20:14 PM
No it isn't. It's number 2. Skyfall is number 1.

Bah. "Updated hourly."
Lock up your spoons!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: strontium71 on 09 January, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

Through the roof would need to be several million copies. I just want it to break-even.