Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 March, 2017, 07:58:17 PM
Eurgh, and that terrible "Irish" town as well. Awful. At least the TNG holodeck episodes gave us Moriarty.

Oh god, I think I'd blocked the Irish town from my memory

Damn You!

The Legendary Shark

Heh, sorry. There were a couple of worthy holodeck episodes, though; the one where Seska set a trap for Tuvok in his Maquis simulation and the Flash Gordon skit with Janeway in that costume...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Don't forget the comedy Holodeck episode where the Doctor makes himself a family and then one of his friends changes it so he's forced to watch his daughter die.

Dandontdare

These are all reasons why I stand by my decision to remember it as being good and NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN!

Besides, considering I've never watched Deadwood, Breaking Bad or 75% of Game of Thrones, I've got more than enough to catch up on!

The Legendary Shark

This is Trek's biggest weakness, I think. The Doctor having a holographic family was a great idea and had potential for ongiong storylines but lasted only one episode. Could have been a major plank in the "rights for holograms" narrative, for example.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

You've never watched Breaking Bad? You lucky lad - you're in for a real treat!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

I stuck three and a half episodes of Deadwood. I really, truly don't get it. Doubly confusing, because I bloody love westerns in almost all their varied incarnations.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 March, 2017, 08:45:52 PM
You've never watched Breaking Bad? You lucky lad - you're in for a real treat!

I have the first 4 seasons on DVD - but as soon as I own something and I know I can watch it anytime, current stuff pushes it off my agenda and I never get round to it.

I taped American Beauty on VCR on it's TV debut - the format subsequently became obsolete and I've still never seen that movie!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 March, 2017, 09:09:21 PM
I taped American Beauty on VCR on it's TV debut - the format subsequently became obsolete and I've still never seen that movie!

Turned it off after 20 minutes. Another one I didn't get.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

I don't know whether to be jealous or smug... AB's a classic.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DrRocka

Just finished watching The Good Place - really great fun. Kinda My Name Is Earl meets Old Harry's Game.
A woman wakes up in an office to be informed by a friendly Ted Danson that she's dead, and has arrived in The Good Place. It's a happy utopia, with her soul mate and excessively lovely neighbours all being wonderful
To one another. Trouble is, she knows she's not supposed to be there, having been less than wonderful in her life.
As the series goes on, bad things start to happen to The Good Place - does she 'fess up, and risk being sent to The Bad Place?
It rattles along at a hundred miles an hour, and refreshingly doesn't hold back developments til season finales etc- there are twists (and great laughs) in every episode.
Give it a try, I really enjoyed it. Last episode is a corker.
Never ever bloody anything ever

The Legendary Shark

An angler dies and wakes up in a beautiful countryside next to a sparkling river. After a moment, an angel appears with an armful of wonderful fishing gear, which he gives to the Angler.
"For me?"
"Yes," says the Angel, gesturing towards the river, "this is your spot."
Beaming, the Angler casts his fly upon the sparkling waters and in less than a minute hooks a magnificent trout. He puts it in his keep net and casts again, very soon hooking an even more magnificent fish. He quickly hooks another half-dozen similarly magnificent fish and then begins to pack up his fishing gear.
"What's wrong?" asks the Angel.
"Oh nothing," says the Angler,"nothing at all - this place is literally perfect! I just thought I'd try another spot along the river."
"Oh no," said the Angel. "This is your spot."
"Oh Hell," says the Angler.
"Yes," says the Angel.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DrRocka

Took me 13 episodes to figure that out, Sharkie
Never ever bloody anything ever

Hawkmumbler

Speaking of hugely popular shows that you just can't twig with, Westworld. 2 episodes in and just NOT feeling it at all.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]