Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 May, 2017, 05:19:55 PM
Twilight of the Apprentice ranks up as the very best of season finales i've seen in years, it's astonishingly unrelenting.

Yeah Rebels really upped the game with that - I've said before how I never really got onboard with Clone Wars (due to my adoration for the Genndy Tartakovsky 2D series) but Rebels has a solid cast and some great setpieces. Also the genuine feeling of walking on unknown ground - Thrawn was captivating in S3 and I was genuinely taken aback by the Fulcrum business. Really good telly.

Rara Avis

Agreed but Martin Starr as Guilfoyle is the star of the show for me.

This has to be one of the funniest scenes I've seen in a long time.

Probably NSFW

https://youtu.be/4pLbcLrquio

Quote from: radiator on 11 May, 2017, 04:52:42 PM
We binged the first three seasons of Silicon Valley over the course of a week and are now enjoying season 4. It's really, really good. A great core cast of characters that arrive fully formed from the very first episode (the obvious early MVP is Erlich, but Jared eclipsed him as my favourite over time), and it's much more plot-driven than I expected. It may sound like a weird comparison, but it's almost a bit like Breaking Bad, in that the gang are always miraculously getting out of one scrape, but in the process sow the seeds for the next crisis. The tech industry satire is also really on point, and it feels like it'll be one of those shows that is looked back on as really having tapped into the zeitgeist of the era in which it was made. Really good telly.

Mardroid

I knew Rebels S3 was out on broadcast TV, but it hasn't hit the disks yet*, surely?

And yeah, the finale was great. [spoiler]Maul, and Vader? Wow. I had mixed feelings about bringing back Maul, but I kinda like how they're using him here. I think he needs to be killed off pretty soon though.[/spoiler]

After the good reviews on here, I started watching Breaking Bad recently, and I'm 6 episodes in already. (I had intended to watch one or two episodes then move on to something else, and come back to it, pacing myself with a bit of variety, but as usual I got carried away.)

Yep. Good stuff. To think I'm routing for Crystal Meth dealers. What's wrong with me? A victim of good writing, and sympathetic characterisation, that's what.  :lol:  I like that despite the somewhat grim material (actually partly due to the grim material) there is plenty of humour to be had, albeit partly of the jet black variety, which I like. (Maybe I need help.) [spoiler]I predicted that thing with the bath tub, by the way, but it still worked really well. Or bad, depending on how you look at it. Don't watch, if you're eating a big bowl of stew, or thick soup. (I wasn't.)[/spoiler]

Still haven't worked out where 'Saul' fits in, (Walter being the name of the protagonist) but I'm sure that will become clear.

*I do watch streamed telly, but I'm still partial to the Blu-ray/DVD. Particularly as I can't get Rebels on Netflix. Heh.

Theblazeuk

You'll know Saul when you meet him :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Just started Breaking Bad: Season 3 tonight (only seven years behind) - solid start and directed by the OMNISCIENTLY GLORIOUS Cranston. Noice.

moly

Just signed up to Netflix any recommendations ?

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: moly on 13 May, 2017, 02:24:33 PM
Just signed up to Netflix any recommendations ?

Stranger Things, Daredevil, Wet Hot American Summer, Luther, Dexter, Death Note, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Star Trek The Next Generation, Breaking Bad, Jessica Jones, though netflix selection varies a bit by region/country.

moly

CrazyFoxMachine

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 14 May, 2017, 10:52:43 AM
The Expanse!

It's great. Season 2 ends with a real "What?! Wait! No! WTF?!"

Can't wait for S3.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

moly

Added the expanse to my watch list

Smith

Miami Vice.And despite what the rest of the internet says,I think it holds up pretty well.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I've been enjoying the Macgyver reboot a great deal more than I should probably admit.
You may quote me on that.

Theblazeuk

My patience for the Expanse S2 on Netflix has just broken. If you won't give it to me via your service...

Also - Rick & Morty