Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjobs67

Mysterious Island anyone? Escaping confederate soldiers land on said 'Mysterious Island' in a stolen hot air balloon and battle a variety of Ray 'The Don' Harryhausen stop motion creatures which include a giant crab. An elephant bird and giant wasps.
Then to top that off Hebert Lomb pops up as Captain Nemo.
Fuckin awsom.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Gonk

Sounds weirder than van Dom's naked Nuns with machineguns, bigjobs. They must of been smoking goood shit in those days to come up with a story like that!
coming at a cinema near you soon

bigjobs67

Mate from the sounds of it you have not seen this movie. Check it out now. I'm tellin you this whilst relatively sober so trust. It is ace.
Have you read my post re 'Beneath the Planet of the Apes'. Check that motherfucker out ASAP. If that film didn't influence Wagner in some way then I lick my own ball sack.
Belive!

Goaty

Is it me, or is bigjobs67 and wonkychop a same person?

Roger Godpleton

Man, Archer is just the best.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

bigjobs67

What the fuck is Archer? Is it a Scott Bukula thing?

Spikes

Quote from: Goaty on 17 February, 2012, 11:15:55 PM

If that person is S****, then yes.

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 17 February, 2012, 11:10:03 PM
I'm tellin you this whilst relatively sober so trust. I lick my own ball sack.
Belive!

or maybe Roger, im confused now.

bigjobs67

I'm not 'He who shall not be named'. just Bigjobs. But 'Chops of Wonk' may well be my bredrin? if he so wishes.

Gonk

Cheers!

Quote from: Goaty on 17 February, 2012, 11:15:55 PM

It's you.
coming at a cinema near you soon

bigjobs67

QUATERMASS AND THE FUCKIN PIT for cryin out loud. Call yourselves SciFi fans. Has no one on this board seen this fuckin film. Writen by Nigel Kneale and staring for my money (apart from the 'ledge' John Mills) the best Quatermass, Andrew Keir. Hobs fuckin end dudes.Lol.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Final Destination-the first one with Devon Sawa who looks remarkably like a young-ish Mel Gibson. 

Anyway I was surprised how much I enjoyed it though I was imbibing a whisky on the rocks which would probably make anything, even one of those atrocious Sci Fy Channel Movies seem good.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

bigjobs67

Second ones pretty good. I love the opening highway multi pile up scene. Bone crunchingly good stuff. And the deaths later are a real treat. They're pretty clever and inventive films workin off of a nice original premises. I think that's why they stand out for me. Not seen past the second one though but I was really tempted to go see number 5 in 3D @ the pics in a sort of guilty pleasure way.

strontium_dog_90

Saw the original movie of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" last night, as part of Film Four's "vampire" season. Amazing that it went on to be such a popular TV series when the source material was so flawed. Some of the early vampire scenes are quite eerily done, but the final showdown is a bit of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it sort of thing.

bigjobs67

Isn't Rutger Hauer in it? May be wrong on that score as I've only ever watched about 15mins of it @ anyone time.

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 18 February, 2012, 03:04:53 PM
Isn't Rutger Hauer in it? May be wrong on that score as I've only ever watched about 15mins of it @ anyone time.

Yeah, under some heavy make up and (unsurprisingly) playing the chief villain. Oddly enough, I found the bits with the regular vampires a hell of a lot more interesting than the ones with him in.