Main Menu

comic deliveries from the US delayed next week

Started by rogue69, 05 February, 2021, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Just come up the Comic Biz Facebook page that due to the bad weather in the US at the moment, most of the comics that were due out on the 10th Feb are delayed for at least a week. There only seems about a dozen or so getting delivered to the UK for Wednesday including IDW's Judge Dredd

Tjm86

Wow, are people still buying American comics this side of the pond?  Last i looked Diamond were ramping up the prices yet again.

Colin YNWA

My local shop hasn't yet reported any issues - but they've not sent their normal Friday e-mail for Wednesday delievery and I suspect that could be why.

Tjm86 - the prices haven't really gone up since Brexit tanked the pound. first lockdown hit delievers and this one means my books are stacking up - but basically service as normal up to this point when the shop can be open.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 February, 2021, 05:50:41 PM
My local shop hasn't yet reported any issues - but they've not sent their normal Friday e-mail for Wednesday delievery and I suspect that could be why.

And that e-mail has just arrived basically saying - yup snow and stuff your comics will be here next week if they don't land this week. So hopefully not a major issue... assuming the snow is melting.