Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Monarch on 28 November, 2022, 06:26:42 PM
actually isn't scarlet traces owned by the creative team?

No... I'm sure Ian said on a thrillcast that they'd sold the rights to Rebellion as part of the deal to continue the story. (Or it might have been a news story on the 2000AD site... it was definitely somewhere official.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tomwe

Was my Q they replied to. Bit of a shame about Scarlet Traces - although maybe it's called War Of The Worlds instead on their spreadsheet? I too have Zenith in HC, and Summer Magic. But they seemed shoe ins.

EDIT: Canon Fodder also confirmed as NOT in.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 November, 2022, 06:31:10 PM
Quote from: The Monarch on 28 November, 2022, 06:26:42 PM
actually isn't scarlet traces owned by the creative team?

No... I'm sure Ian said on a thrillcast that they'd sold the rights to Rebellion as part of the deal to continue the story. (Or it might have been a news story on the 2000AD site... it was definitely somewhere official.)

Scarlet Traces have been bought by Rebellion as Jim said
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

Quote from: Tomwe on 28 November, 2022, 06:34:49 PM
Was my Q they replied to. Bit of a shame about Scarlet Traces - although maybe it's called War Of The Worlds instead on their spreadsheet? I too have Zenith in HC, and Summer Magic. But they seemed shoe ins.

EDIT: Canon Fodder also confirmed as NOT in.

Sad but not surprising alas I think i may be the only person in existance who wants a hardback of it xd

IndigoPrime

Canon Fodder's an odd one. Gorgeous visuals, but the plot was always a bit... hmm. Not the worst book of its era by any stretch, but I'm not sure I'd pay eleven quid for it in HC. £22 for Scarlet Traces, assuming it'd fit in two books – I might be wrong there? TAKE MY MONEY. Or £33 for three. I don't care. I'll happily hang on those three magic words: subject to change.

Shakira? Shakara!

Hopefully they can include some more Anderson. Hard to believe so much of Psi-Files 3 got missed out of the JDMC. Easily enough for an entire volume in the 2000ad UC.

Personally, I was looking forward to drawing a line under it after 140 volumes. But then I've been cherry picking anyway (e.g. Mek Files are a no brainer rather than these UC volumes, especially with the weird split in the middle of the Black Hole Saga between volumes, as were those lovely limited hardcover collections of the Nemesis stuff), and I'm not sure how much there would be in the next extension worth getting. More Sinister Dexter maybe, as there is still loads to collect and no enthusiasm to collect the series other wise? Still, excited to see what has been added.

Some classic random Dredd compilations so I can finally scrap the early Case Files rather than retain them AND the Mega Collection for completion sake is probably too much to hope for...

moly

Wonder if they will do an environmental one with trash and I think was dead meat with inspector ram

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: moly on 28 November, 2022, 08:36:56 PM
Wonder if they will do an environmental one with trash and I think was dead meat with inspector ram

Um... I'm going to say 'No'.

Although you could round it out with Mother Earth, for a truly dire expierience.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

There comes a point when you have got to stop or else the content can't justify the "ultimate" in the title.

sintec

I think Summer Magic's problem is that all of it is ~30 pages too much for a volume (going by Barney it'd be 278 pages and the largest volumes have been around 250 pages of strip). They'd either have to split it and pair the 2nd half with something else or drop some of the annual stories.

leethomson

Quote from: Richard on 28 November, 2022, 10:39:18 PM
There comes a point when you have got to stop or else the content can't justify the "ultimate" in the title.
Ultimately (ha!) you're limited by the pace of production. Most of the quality "legacy" strips have been included, and a fair few modern strips don't have enough uncollected material to justify a Hachette volume. How long does it take for a single strip to produce 200-250 pages? You can't keep laying the tracks in front of the train for ever.

Tomontherun94

Guess it's just going from meaning Ultimate as "The best of the best, plus Greysuit and Finn are here!" to "We will Ultimate-ly print the majority of strips, look forward to Fleisher's Rogue Trooper and Finn Vol 2!" Like a sucker I'm still gonna continue though, most stuff pre-2073 that hasn't been put into a Megazine floppy recently is new to me.

Barrington Boots

I look forward to my Dry Run hardback edition in 2024.

In all seriousness, as someone who has picked up the odd volume here and there, extending this will hopefully be a nice opportunity to pick up some good quality collections that I don't own - Armoured Gideon obv but maybe also stuff like Night Zero, Harlem Heroes, Bix Barton and even recent stuff like Survival Geeks would be nice in a hardcover.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Monarch

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 29 November, 2022, 12:38:33 PM
Guess it's just going from meaning Ultimate as "The best of the best, plus Greysuit and Finn are here!" to "We will Ultimate-ly print the majority of strips, look forward to Fleisher's Rogue Trooper and Finn Vol 2!" Like a sucker I'm still gonna continue though, most stuff pre-2073 that hasn't been put into a Megazine floppy recently is new to me.

re finn boy have i got good news for you...the volume next week is the last ever finn volume (unless third world war was reprinted from crisis but nah....they would never do that....would they?)

Hackenbush

If they are making enough money from the exercise then extending by including lawman of the future and DC Dredd etc is not impossible ...
We have Starlord and Tornado strips in the collection already ...