Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelawgiver

because.....all your brothers and sisters fuck off to their girlfriends and boyfriends house on christmas eve, and you realise you're the only one still single! meh.
Twitter = @snarlsbukowski

Noisybast

I wish. My bloody girlfriend has just knocked a glass of water over, ruining the inks for my SuperSquirrel Vol 2 submission. Good job I was inking a scan rather than over the original pencils, eh?

Fuckery...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

I, Cosh

Quote from: thelawgiver on 24 December, 2010, 11:36:40 AM
because.....all your brothers and sisters fuck off to their girlfriends and boyfriends house on christmas eve, and you realise you're the only one still single! meh.
One man's "life spugs" is another's "masturbation bonanza."
We never really die.

thelawgiver

and my fricking tooth has started twinging again! bloody dentist bills!
and I feel like I've put on christmas weight! bah humbug!
Twitter = @snarlsbukowski

House of Usher

I got flu on 22nd December and had a fever for 3 days over Christmas. I spent 7 hours in bed on Christmas Day and 8 hours lying on the sofa under a blanket with a cold flannel on my forehead. Until today I have been unable to finish a plate of food and I have hardly dared cough for fear of coughing up my brainstem - every time I coughed it felt my head was gripped in a vice. Over the past week the only alcohol I've had has been one glass of white wine and two glasses of champagne with dinner. By Christmas Day I couldn't taste anything sour, but everything I ate or drank tasted bitter, including pineapple juice, so hardly anything was palatable apart from milk and chocolate.

I was back at work again today because I don't qualify for sick pay. Things taste normal again and I'm getting my strength back, but my temperature isn't properly regulating yet and I've got fever sweats and my breathing is still a bit rattly.
STRIKE !!!

SuperSurfer

Tenants in our block are coming back from their holidays and noise levels are increasing. If only some of the fuckwit landlords didn't hijack the management group meetings we'd be able to at least discuss measures to deal with such issues.

Few weeks ago I had to knock on the door of the pricks downstairs to tell them to stop playing loud music at 2.45am. Even though they live in a non-smoking flat their smoke comes up into our flat.

Morons are still leaving front door open. They even did this on Xmas eve which is prime time for burglaries.

I really don't know how some people's brains (don't) work.

Guess 2011 will be the year we seriously start looking to move out. It will mean leaving the area which we really like but I can't carry on living in a block full of arseholes where I need to wear earplugs every night just to get a semi-ok night's sleep.

staticgirl

My last week has been rather similar to HOU's so you have my sympathies.

Luckily I do get sick pay so I'm in bed.

I have coughed 6 times and sniffed thrice just whilst typing this....

TordelBack

I too have been stricken with dire lurgy since Stephen's Day, as I seem to be every fecking year.  'Happily' I'd taken holidays this year, and don't have to go back 'til tomorrow afternoon.   In between hacking out gobbets and seesawing from shivering delirium to raving sweats I've managed to spend a fair amount of time as a passive (coughing and shaking) observer and arbitrator of my kids' Christmas shenanigans, so it hasn't all been bad.  They are fascinating creatures, especially through the veneer of fever.  Certainly not equivalent to the spuggery reported upthread.

Noisybast

Yep. I'm firmly in the 'no sick pay' camp, too. As a result, I'm sitting in work, trying to stay out of sight and hoping the phone doesn't ring too often. Not a fan of the orange snot...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

staticgirl

Mines glow in the dark green. How nice - we're on opposite sides of the colour wheel. ;)

Darren Stephens

Quote from: staticgirl on 30 December, 2010, 04:43:20 PM
Mines glow in the dark green. How nice - we're on opposite sides of the colour wheel. ;)
Maybe you two should team up for the monthly art comp?  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Peter Wolf

I cant buy the paint that i need to finish off a contract that i have going on.the reason for this is because of EU fucking bereaucracy as it is no longer able to be sold because of its Volatile Organic Compounds which exceed EU Regulation :654654684987989879879 or whatever the fuck it is.I did have a tin of it but it seems to have gone walkies and the shop that sells it doesnt have a clue about what is being offered as a replacement or anything as every question i asked was answered with "dont know".The spec for the job stipulates that i have to use a specific colour as every building within its estate is painted a uniform color that is specified by the council.

So unless i can get another manufacturer to match the color and mix it or find some going spare somewhere i am essentially screwed.I might try the guy who composes all the paint colors and paint color charts for Dulux and see if i have any luck that way as a last resort.

I havent done any work for a month because of the weather which means i dont get paid.

Fuck New Years Eve as well as it will be the same shit but a different year.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 30 December, 2010, 05:02:04 PM
Quote from: staticgirl on 30 December, 2010, 04:43:20 PM
Maybe you two should team up for the monthly art comp?  :D

That' snot art!

Peter Wolf

"Publicity: Owners and managing agents of properties within the Estate were
reminded of the requirement to redecorate the fronts of their properties by letter
in May 2009. They were sent copies of the paint specification, and advised that
the specification could also be downloaded from the council's web site.   

3.4 Further advisory letters and specifications were sent out during the intervening
period on receipt of details regarding changes in ownership or managing agents,
and more recently on receipt of advice from the paint manufacturer that the
regulations regarding paints will change next year. The paint already produced
contains more Volatile Organic Compounds, than the new regulations will permit. 
The paint manufacturer feels it has met its obligation, and produced sufficient
paint to complete the 2010 repainting, and will not produce new stock that is
legally compliant ahead of the next paint cycle.  Producing small batches of a
non standard paint is uneconomic.  The consequence is that the exterior gloss
paint specified for the windows cannot be made available in the New Year and
owners have been alerted to the need to purchase sufficient stock this year to
complete the 2010 redecoration work, and any necessary intervening
maintenance, before the next repainting year.   

3.5 Compliance to date: at the time of writing this report, redecoration has still to
commence at 28 properties (25%).  The rate of progress is similar to that in 2005,
but it remains disappointing that starts on many properties continue to run into
the winter months, despite officer's encouragement in providing planning and
conservation advice, and the production and publicity of a detailed paint
specification. In October, out of the 109 properties within the Estate, only 39 had
been redecorated with work in progress on a further 40. The figures will be
updated verbally at the meeting.  Residents that have painted their properties
have expressed disappointment that others have still to paint, and have asked
that the council take appropriate action for reasons of fairness. "

Fucking idiots.

Why not wait until the entire maintenance program is 100 percent complete before ceasing to manufacture the paint ?

I predict serious problems as a consequence of this stupidity.Its the stupidity of the manufacturer and the stupidity of beraucracy and regulation that has no bearing on reality.Also the paint manufacturer is not meeting its obligation and contract to supply enough paint for the entire estate and its admittance that it is not going to provide an alternative that is EU directive compatiable is negligence and will result in numerous properties within the estate being unable to be redecorated.

There was a limited amount in stock that has been bought out by greedy contractors who more than likely have bought more than they need depriving others of paint.I know this for a fact.

They are going to have to produce more as they have no choice.

>:(
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

utter tosh.

QuoteThey are going to have to produce more as they have no choice.
Producing more would be illegal - so no they won't.

QuoteWhy not wait until the entire maintenance program is 100 percent complete before ceasing to manufacture the paint ?
a) Because making it in 2011 will be illegal, as everybody apparently knew well ahead of time.
b) so why not start the painting earlier, so there'd be time to buy more if it ran out; or buy enough paint to allow a good margin of error for any shortfalls? Answer: because then people would be bitching about wasting taxpayers money.

I'm not sure if you're also complaining about the directive itself - If so I'm surprised - I know you hate the EU, but for someone who often complains about "chemical laced GM food" and "poisoned water supply", I'd expect you to welcome directives that seek to protect us from toxic shit.

Seems like everybody's just making a fuss over over nothing - just use another fecking colour, it's not important!