Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

My brother, a very kind and gentle soul, has just found out at the age of 30 that  he has epilepsy.  This is after a hole in the heart, chronic thrombosis and gallstones that lead to the removal of his gall bladder.  If I could share some of the illnesses with him I would do so gladly.  I don't know much about epilepsy but I hope he can live a normal life, he's well overdue a bit of peace and quiet.

But having just looked at Albion's post, it puts things into perspective.  Very sorry to hear about your loss, Albion.  Hope you're all managing ok.

P.S.  Mods, any chance this thread could be moved to the Off Topic section? Just wondering
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 April, 2013, 05:12:39 PM
I don't know much about epilepsy but I hope he can live a normal life, he's well overdue a bit of peace and quiet.

In theory no reason why not. My mum was born with epilepsy and though it made her childhood absolutely rotten, by adulthood she'd been fully diagnosed and had a regular prescription that kept the fits and all symptoms at bay. She did have to take the meds religiously every single day, mind, but so long as she did that then she was fine. Hopefully there's a similar solution for your bro.
@jamesfeistdraws

Albion

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 April, 2013, 05:12:39 PM
But having just looked at Albion's post, it puts things into perspective.  Very sorry to hear about your loss, Albion.  Hope you're all managing ok.

Thanks.
Our problems aren't really any worse than anyone else's at some point in their lives. Sadly we all have to go through these things. I've gone through this sort of stuff a few times now and no doubt it won't be the last.
Things have calmed down a bit now. It took us four days to get hold of his daughter but now we have it is a great weight off of Mrs Albions mind and things can proceed a bit easier now.

Very sorry to hear of your brothers troubles. He has been through a lot. Hopefully, as Dark Jimbo said, medication will help him.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteThings have calmed down a bit now. It took us four days to get hold of his daughter but now we have it is a great weight off of Mrs Albions mind and things can proceed a bit easier now.

Glad to hear things are getting easier and my thoughts are with you and your family.  Thanks for your concern for my brother too and the same to Jimbo.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

COMMANDO FORCES

Just heard on 5Live that the first fully operational gun has been made by a 3D printer. I feel the world has become a more dangerous place all of a sudden!

strontium71

I mentioned this a while ago when Steve Green posted something about it. Yup , you're right - reckon there'll be trouble one day because of this...
...because I hate you.

von Boom

That's just great. Now any knob with a 3d printer is a menace. Or more so anyhow.

Spikes

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 May, 2013, 06:24:54 AM
Just heard on 5Live that the first fully operational gun has been made by a 3D printer. I feel the world has become a more dangerous place all of a sudden!

Yeah, caught this on Radio 2, earlier. With 3D printers, i suppose it was only a matter of time before this happened.

The worrying thing was the bunch of fuckwits behind this news story, and how they planned, and had justified to themselves, to put online how they achieved it.

CrazyFoxMachine

Can't afford to resubscribe :'(

TordelBack

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 July, 2013, 07:33:22 PM
Can't afford to resubscribe :'(

A dark day in the life of any squaxx.  I was that soldier two years ago (at least insofar as I couldn't afford to get it from the newsagents anymore), so I'm to here to reassure you that things will change and you will find a way to get your weekly fix and that's all that matters, even if it's not by the method you would prefer. 

Where there's a thrill, there's a way.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

...and now I'm being made redundant.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 05 July, 2013, 02:22:57 PM
Damn. Sorry to hear that CFX.

Richmond Clements

Ah fuck that shit, man! Sorry to hear that my friend.

von Boom

Bloody hell. So sorry to hear about that cfm. Hope something great comes your way shortly.