Main Menu

Why the Judges uniform is spot on!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 July, 2011, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

ABCwarBOT.
To fight in a respirator is fucking horrible. I can guarantee that the Dredd bucket has far superior vision even without electronic visionary aid.
As a soldier, you are conditioned to fight and kill in all aspects of weather/terrain and potential contamination. You see an enemy you kill it end of, which is why you spend many a day on the range shooting targets.
The Judges get 15 years of training thus using all equipment (including the buckets) becomes second nature.
This is me back in 88, miserable, in north Yorkshire (Catterick) wearing an S16 respirator. They are not so bad once you get used to it. I still have mine.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

DKCX

Just my 2 cents, love the uniform in the pictures, pictures in empire look great, the helmet on the female judge looks stupid. Why didn't they give her a helmet in proportion to her size. It looks like sees looking out the bottom of the visor.
Otherwise despite what some people say, the new look is great.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Angry Vince on 30 July, 2011, 08:57:33 AM
Alright <cracks knuckles> it's about time we all moved on.

ABCwarBot: You really need to let this go. You started an new thread to complain about a single aspect of the uniform and have steadfastly refused to accept that people are not interested in debating that any further.
Opinions and banter and not unwelcome in this forum, but when you continue to push a single agenda you piss people off.
Whether you are a certain person on not is irrelevant at this stage: Let it go, accept that no one wants to hear any more what is about what may be wrong and try to throw in something constructive.

Everyone Else: Give the guy a break and some rope. If he chooses to hang himself...

Cross posted as I don't want anyone missing out.

I've said I don't have a problem with the helmet and other parts of the uniform like the boots, badge and  knee pads so surely that's constructive?
I'm not the only one who's kept these threads alive don't forget.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: vzzbux on 30 July, 2011, 05:25:42 PM
ABCwarBOT.
To fight in a respirator is fucking horrible. I can guarantee that the Dredd bucket has far superior vision even without electronic visionary aid.
As a soldier, you are conditioned to fight and kill in all aspects of weather/terrain and potential contamination. You see an enemy you kill it end of, which is why you spend many a day on the range shooting targets.
The Judges get 15 years of training thus using all equipment (including the buckets) becomes second nature.
This is me back in 88, miserable, in north Yorkshire (Catterick) wearing an S16 respirator. They are not so bad once you get used to it. I still have mine.

V

I'm sure it is.  Again, I don't have a problem with the helmet.  I was using that as an example about realism in relation to the shoulders.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 30 July, 2011, 06:22:10 AM
#ABCwarBOT, I presume you are happy with my reply about the helmet and the vision from it, now?

You're reply was very interesting but there's definitely a bit of a restriction on vision with the helmet.  All anyone has to do is put your fingers crossed in front of your eyes to see this. 

But I'm glad they made the helmet close to the comic version so the helmet's not an issue for me anyway. 

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SneakeeX on 30 July, 2011, 09:03:43 PM
the helmet on the female judge looks stupid. Why didn't they give her a helmet in proportion to her size. It looks like sees looking out the bottom of the visor.

Dunno but I think it might be her nose is too long as it sticks out past the visor and the helmet won't go down any further, I'm guessing she'll be offed early in the film. Hers is the only one that's ill-fitting. Anyway it's a press shot so it might not be that way during shooting.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: vzzbux on 30 July, 2011, 05:25:42 PM
This is me back in 88, miserable, in north Yorkshire (Catterick) wearing an S16 respirator.

Is that after Bob Peck broke into that Subterranean Nuclear Plant, 'Northmoor'?

SKD

Great post Commando Forces, all encompassing. (I think that's the right word.) With the helmet, in the early drawings the eye pieces were larger and rounder. It was Mick McMahon who began to develop the smaller, more angled eye slots later on in the strip. Artistic licence/what looks cool v practicality. Your insight into a combat situation with this visual impedance was, please excuse the pun, eye opening. Once again, great post.

Stew.   

vzzbux

S16??
Shit I meant S10 Respirator. Fucking fat fingers.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Eric Plumrose

"Private Vzzbux, you couldn't hit a barn door from ten paces."

"Sorry, Sarge. Fat fingers."

Thank fuck there's Bill Savage.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Quote from: Michaelvk on 01 August, 2011, 05:59:35 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 July, 2011, 02:18:54 AM
FUCK THAT SHIT...HAS ANYONE SPOTTED A BOOTKNIFE?

Maybe..

FUCK THAT BOOTKNIFE! WHAT ABOUT DAYSTICK??? Please no Anal joke punch!

Michaelvk

..and as for the vision problem.. It's not that bad really. Trust me.. We all wore one of the lids for a laugh every now and again..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 01 August, 2011, 06:01:36 PMFUCK THAT BOOTKNIFE! WHAT ABOUT DAYSTICK??? Please no Anal joke punch!

TELESCOPIC-DAYSTICK OR KNIFE?

Michaelvk