Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadlyDrawnKano

That's awesome, I love stories like that, and it sounds like an amazing store. Sometimes when I think about the possibility of retiring (which is a long way away as I'm currently 49 and not flush with money) I really like the idea of working a couple of days a week part time at a comic shop. I doubt any would have me (whenever I go in to FP, Gosh or Mega City One the staff have been really friendly, but also about half my age) but hey, it's fun to think about on occasion.

BadlyDrawnKano

I also meant to mention that the Oxfam bookshop near Angel tube station has a sod load of comics for £1 a go at the moment, including quite a lot of Hellblazer, Garth Ennis's Punisher, and various Batman titles. On the downside they also have a section where the comics are between £3 and £4 and they're fairly well known titles and could be bought for less, while in the window they have Sandman 75 for £23, which is just madness. But, er, I don't want to put anyone off going, and the £1 section is a fairly decent size, I wouldn't say it's worth a trip to London on its own, but if you happen to be nearby I'd recommend popping in.