Main Menu

Pensioner VC

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 24 May, 2005, 04:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Just wondered how old Major Smith is supposed to be in the current series of the VCs.

Having missed the first series I'm assuming when we first meet him he was the stereotypical comic hero age of late-twenties early thirties. The second series is set fifty years after the first which means he's pushing eighty at the very least.

Has the age issue ever been referred to in the strip or have I missed an important rejuve paragraph?

Also is it me or does anyone else think Major Smith looks like Jim Robinson from Neighbours?

DavidXBrunt

He's pushing that yeah. I think we can assume that the life span of the average human has increased in the interim (look at the difference between now and 200 years ago) and that people are living longer.

Also we'll have to take into account the increases in medicine and related technology, plus the fact that Smith has kept in shape.

Capt.Zeep

I thought he was maybe 19-20 in the first series which makes him 70-odd now.  I thought he's been looking a bit like James Woods lately.  A nice touch is the little pointy scap of hair left on his baldy heed ( he had a pointy Dan Dare style 'do back in the day).

The Amstor Computer

Can't remember how old he's supposed to be, but I certainly feel old & tired reading the strip...