Main Menu

Carnivale...the show?

Started by Steamboy, 12 January, 2005, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamboy

Anyone seen this brilliant little series, really spooky. Its about a travelling Freak Show/Carnival its got freaks , phsycics, The Devil, The right Hand of God, bearded ladies the list goes on. The whole atmnosphere is very Clive Barker charged with a strange sexual energy and general apocalyptic feeling. I know this doesnt tell you much about it but we're only up to the 4th part at the mo and I'm still not %100 sure WTF is going on. Bottom line...if you like Clive Barker you should love this.  Anyone over there seen this yet and if so what do you think? any idea how long it goes for?

CU Krestel    

Devons Daddy

on here next week
on cable only. though it may be cut a lot going by typical standards.sadly.

but the reviews i have seen give it a decent set up for viewing.
but for real good stuff. CSI new york. now thats going to be great tv. seen the cross over episode, outstanding.

carnival must see.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ukdane

I saw most of the 1st series (13 episodes IIRC), but gave up close to the end, as I missed one or two episodes, and it was just too wierd.
They've just started showing series 2 over here- and I'm not watching it.

They've also just started showing "LOST" over here. Now there IS a show to watch. Episodes 1 & 2 back to back, left me wanting more.

The question is, should I start watching series 4 of 24 when that starts? I've been having a tough time being interested in series 2 & 3. So unless eries 4 brings a new fresh idea. I don't think I'll be watching it.

Cheers

-Daney

WoD

I watched Carnivale and really enjoyed it.  Dark, interesting, well acted and some scary bits too.  Looking forward to the next series.

Any idea when LOST is to be shown in the UK?

Lord Running Clam

I think E4 starts showing Lost this month.
I loved Carnivale,myself.The last episode has some great moments in it.Clancy Brown's aslo great in it.  

WoD

Clam - did you see the one where...and I don't think this is a spoiler...it ended with.
just in case
one of the dancing sisters at the window in Babylon?

That was kinda spooky...

Also enjoyed the 4400 (IIRC) recently shown on Sky.  Was good enough to deserve a second series.

Steamboy

didn't realize it was an ongoing series just thought it was a Mini Series. WoD - I'll Agree the one in Babylon was the episode that really made me sit up and take notice, such a down end.
If I've got one complaint it would be that its a bit slow. Isn't it amazing the Yanks can actually make decent TV.  Lost starts in Feb over here but its on one of the commercial stations so it'll be cut and full of adds no doubt.

CU Krestel

WoD

It was a slow show...slow enough to tempt me towards the fast forward at times.  Some good characters and back-plotting though.

Looking forward to LOST...

Has anyone tried Battlestar Galatica?  I've found that surprisingly good, again it has a dark(ish) edge which helps it to stand out a bit.  Saying that I'm happy enough watching Stargate Atlantis...?!?

Max Kon

WoD

Too much TV???  You're probably right...but I'm very specific in what I watch and do not watch any of the following;

Soaps.
Housing Make-over TV.
Gardening Make-over TV.
Anything on ITV.
BBC 'soft' comedy.
Day-Time TV.
Reality TV.

As this is 95%+ of TV at the present, it means that thanks to Sky+ I get to watch about 3-10 hours of TV a week of stuff that I actually want to watch.

Max Kon

I watch between 1/2 and 1 hour of tv each day. No more.

WoD

Bravo from 11pm onwards I expect...!!!

Max Kon

no paramount comedy between 8:30 and 9:30, then it's straight to bed.

Lord Running Clam

Yes,quite a nasty ending for her when you think about it.I love the bits with the bear and soldiers,too.