Main Menu

The Boys: Vols 4, 5 & 6.

Started by Goaty, 06 July, 2010, 02:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Just buy all three Volumes of The Boys after not read it for sooo ages. Then I re-read Vol 1 to 3, and fell in love with it, and got next three books,

Vol 4 - Love the G-Men! brilliant in-joke of Wolverine! nasty truth and what a ending with "Fuck Me!" wish I could see The Boys try on with all of G-Men! is it really when they kill people, they stay dead, as cos I see The Frenchman and The Female killed tooo many people!

Vol 5: Herogasm - brilliant take on Cross-overs as you see in many comics, but not for kids!
Love that piss-take of Fanstaic 4, poor Wee Hughie, and what is Homelander plans to do???

Vol 6: Ezquerra!!! I AM IN HEAVEN! The Female!! Gosh, Butcher is most dangerous than The Female and the Frenchman! love all Allies of Russian, USA, UK and Free French! Can understand why the warnings on not touch the Female...

I dont know why I love this issue 25 cover of The Female with Butcher's cheeky smile

Dandontdare

I'm a huge fan of the Boys. I thought vol 6 was flagging a bit, but not enough to put me off buying vol 7 when it comes out. I doubt the series has much more potential in the long term - it already feels like it's going over old ground again - but you never know!

Goaty

I read it somewhere that Gareth Ennis think of to end it at Issue 77. cant wait, as what Homelander planning to.

strontium_dog_90

Totally agreed, the end of the most recent issue was absolutely brilliant, completely chilling - how great a villain is that creepy Homelander?

Emp

Didnt realise vol.6 was out. That'll give me something to read on the Stranraer ferry next week - THANK GOD

Stuzzle

I am excitedly awaiting to see if I receive Volumes 4+ for my birthday  :D
My first non-2000AD read of comic work stuff
I don't draw so good and I don't know the artists off by heart. I eat more than I probably should and don't yet know the stories from the start. I like films and can't speak Spanish, but DAMMIT I can Twitter

Trout

The Boys is great fun. My favourite bit: anything with Love Sausage.

"Big titties are my kryptonite."

Bluecube

I'm a HUGE fan of The Boys. I borrow all the graphic novels from my brother in law and totally devour them. I love the un PCness of them and how they totally stick two fingers up to superhero comic mythology. Everyone should read them! I just wish the entire series was out now so I could read it all!
An Atlantean Triumvirate
Ghosts of the Past
The Centre Cannot Hold

My eBooks are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

BMB

Loving it myself too. I'm up to Volume 5, I'll be getting six at a later date (I grab a bunch of stuff at a time to save on postage) but really looking forward to it.