Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

still waiting on the previous slaine volume which is sad because the next ones next week

leethomson

Quote from: The Monarch on 31 October, 2019, 07:41:59 PM
still waiting on the previous slaine volume which is sad because the next ones next week

They'll be coming every other delivery now. Until the end of time.

Jade Falcon

Can't say I'm thrilled with the frequency of Slaine now, how many more books is that we're due?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sintec on 31 October, 2019, 05:59:28 PM
I ummed and ahhhd about the Flesh book - but if we get an extension it would seem like a prime candidate for an early-period volume so I passed for now.

Don't take the risk its not worth it. Flesh is soooo good. If the sales still on get it. GET IT NOW... aham.... sorry got carried away now.... but do get it.

Tjm86

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 02 November, 2019, 06:34:49 PM
Can't say I'm thrilled with the frequency of Slaine now, how many more books is that we're due?

I'm sorry, are you saying that you do think it too many?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 03 November, 2019, 06:37:37 AM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 02 November, 2019, 06:34:49 PM

:lol:

Six more to come I think; wrap-up of the time-travelling/lost years stuff next week; two Books of Invasions; Wanderer/Book of Scars; and two Brutania Chronicles.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 November, 2019, 09:16:42 PM
Don't take the risk its not worth it. Flesh is soooo good. If the sales still on get it. GET IT NOW

Looks like I've missed that window of opportunity now - so fingers crossed for an extension volume I guess.

IndigoPrime

My books arrived, neatly left by Royal Mail in front of my house in the pissing rain while I was on holiday. When I tried to open the box, it more or less exploded in my hallway, showering the carpet with dozens of bugs that immediately darted towards darkness. By some small miracle, the books are actually fine, from what I can tell. The spines are very slightly wonky from them being left at a weird angle for days, but, hey, I have something nice to say about Hachette: that they shrink-wrap all the volumes.

Sadly, my order from Rebellion made only a few days ago did not survive. Water damage across the board, and one book that looks like someone's maliciously dropped it on a corner. I'm... not overly happy with Yodel about that – and rather wish Tharg would pick a courier company not run by sociopaths. (Does anyone know the shop droid's email?)

Jade Falcon

Yes, I've made no secret of the fact that I'm not a great fan of Slaine, and now that we're still going to get so many, and so often is a bit of a bummer.  If there was a way of doing a pick and choose order I'd do so, but that's not possible I'm afraid.

Anyway, read my Flesh book.  Cheesey nonsense, but in the nicest possible way.  Claw Carver really is an utter swine isn't he, talk about two dimensional evil in the finest possible tradition.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

athorist

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 November, 2019, 09:16:42 PM
Quote from: sintec on 31 October, 2019, 05:59:28 PM
I ummed and ahhhd about the Flesh book - but if we get an extension it would seem like a prime candidate for an early-period volume so I passed for now.

Don't take the risk its not worth it. Flesh is soooo good. If the sales still on get it. GET IT NOW... aham.... sorry got carried away now.... but do get it.

Although if you're a subscriber to 2000AD, you should have at least one 50% off coupon on your account (I've got two), so could still hold off for a few months
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

athorist

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 04 November, 2019, 12:51:10 AM

Yes, I've made no secret of the fact that I'm not a great fan of Slaine, and now that we're still going to get so many, and so often is a bit of a bummer.  If there was a way of doing a pick and choose order I'd do so, but that's not possible I'm afraid.

Look on the bright side, at least that means there wouldn't be any Slaine in the extension
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

karlos

According to a post on ECBT2000ad, Finn is getting a full reprint - but that is the only reference to it that I can find.

Anyone know anymore?

Is it part of an extension or something separate?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: karlos on 06 November, 2019, 08:51:41 AM
According to a post on ECBT2000ad, Finn is getting a full reprint - but that is the only reference to it that I can find.

Anyone know anymore?

Is it part of an extension or something separate?

Sure it was as part of the UC?
@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

Quote from: karlos on 06 November, 2019, 08:51:41 AM
According to a post on ECBT2000ad, Finn is getting a full reprint - but that is the only reference to it that I can find. Anyone know anymore?  Is it part of an extension or something separate?

The last we heard from Mills*, Tharg had told him Finn was on the schedule to be reprinted but that there was other material to be printed first. This was shortly after Tharg had bought a century's worth of comics.

Don't hold your breath.

* The author of that ECBT2000ad article, Luke Williams, is an excellent fellow, but, like us, all he knows is what Mills chooses to share with the world.

karlos