Main Menu

Hi

Started by Hebrew613, 30 September, 2023, 08:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hebrew613

Hi just wanted to say hi from Cleckheaton. I'm what you might call a lapsed 2000ad reader that's got a subscription going again and looking forward to my weekly fix of Dredd and co again. Glad to be home again :lol:

Trooper McFad

Welcome back to the Fold. Was it a long sabbatical? 
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JohnW

Welcome to the board.
You'll find a lot of lapsed squaxx who drifted back to the fold when we found that the boys who might have bullied us for reading comics are too old to care now.
But it's a good idea to ingratiate yourself with the more senior members here all the same. Flowery compliments are enough for most of them, but the extravagant gift in the right place never does any harm.
Don't forget that the moderators get ten percent of everything, and if they ask for fifteen, don't argue.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

Welcome! Whenabouts did you stop reading? What characters and stories are most grabbing you now?

Hebrew613

I was looking through boxes of graphic novels I had bought, read and boxed and missed my weekly Dredd. I think I was last at Thought Bubble in 2016 I think and looking at prints I had bought that were signed by various artists and writers. I found a couple things that I had bought from John Wagner - prints that Carlos had signed for him, so I bought these great Dredd and Strontium Dog prints signed by both Carlos and John and decided to get them framed. All in I got 14 pieces framed for what my wife now calls 'The Wall Of Dredd' Jock prints, Vice Press prints, Boo Cook original art from a few Megs,  John McCrea, Dylan Teague. I've still got some more to get framed but it will take a while. But you just can't beat a weekly hit of something as fun, exciting, and just riotously enjoyable as 2000ad. My favourites were always Dredd and Strontium Dog but I have to say have to say I just ordered something called 'The Out' which looks like something which is new and interesting which I am really looking forward to reading. But I have got a monthly subscription and really enjoying Helium (love Disraeli) and Feral & Foe. All in 2000ad is just a great place to spend some time and if the people I have met at Thought Bubble are still as fun and friendly as I remember then this forum will be a great place to spend some time as well. Anyway great to meet you and thanks for the welcome

JohnW

I found myself wondering about your username.

Hebrews 6:13
When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself.

A lesson for us all, I'm sure -- particularly those who swear all by ourselves.

(Blast and buggeration!)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 30 September, 2023, 03:50:56 PMI found myself wondering about your username.

Hebrews 6:13
When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself.

A lesson for us all, I'm sure -- particularly those who swear all by ourselves.

(Blast and buggeration!)

Ha, I googled this myself. 613 is a number of significance to Judaism, it turns out. You learn something new, etc.

Le Fink

THE WALL OF DREDD
We're expecting a picture!

Hebrew613

Le Fink, can you you tell me how I add the pictures here?

Hebrew613

I can copy the picture and paste it  but when I try to post it won't do it. Possibly the files are too big. If anyone knows how to post pictures without breaking the forum I'd  be happy to share pictures from 'The Wall of Dredd'.

The Hebrew613 user name just represents where my heart sits. It's not a quote from the the New Testament, so don't worry no preachy fundamentalism here. My internal being sits in ancient places with ancient stories and poetry in ancient tongues. If I were to sum up who I am a person I would just say Hebrew613. It perfectly reflects that which I am.

Le Fink

There's a size (in pixels and bytes) restriction mentioned somewhere. Might be 800x600?

Also you may a privilege bump to do it. Any admins reading?

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Hebrew613 on 30 September, 2023, 05:41:16 PMI can copy the picture and paste it  but when I try to post it won't do it. Possibly the files are too big. If anyone knows how to post pictures without breaking the forum I'd  be happy to share pictures from 'The Wall of Dredd'.

The Hebrew613 user name just represents where my heart sits. It's not a quote from the the New Testament, so don't worry no preachy fundamentalism here. My internal being sits in ancient places with ancient stories and poetry in ancient tongues. If I were to sum up who I am a person I would just say Hebrew613. It perfectly reflects that which I am.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Hebrew613 on 30 September, 2023, 05:41:16 PMI can copy the picture and paste it  but when I try to post it won't do it. Possibly the files are too big. If anyone knows how to post pictures without breaking the forum I'd  be happy to share pictures from 'The Wall of Dredd'.

When I post I use igmur and you paste the link into your reply- pretty easy

Hebrew613

Thanks guys. I've asked for a privilege bump to see if it's that, and I'll ask my wife about the igmure thing you mentioned. She's the techi in our house, perhaps she can work it out. Anything technological seems appears to my eyes a sorta magic.  :lol:

Hebrew613