Main Menu

BATMAN White Knight

Started by Proudhuff, 08 December, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Read issue 5 last Knight, it's really strong stuff.
Suspenseful too- no idea where it's going to land yet.

It's a solid recommend for anyone with even a passing interest in Batman.

Mattofthespurs

Received the 8th and final issue of this a week ago so at down to read all 8.

That was superb. Really, really good. The art and the story were top notch.

Link Prime

I read very few superhero genre comics this year, but this was one of them and pretty freakin great to boot.

Delighted that there's a sequel planned for 2019.
https://www.newsarama.com/42012-sean-murphy-returns-with-batman-curse-of-the-white-knight.html

SGM can do no wrong.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

nothing since sept on this???
DDT did a job on me

Bad City Blue

I thoroughly reccommend Punk Rock Jesus by him
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

The Adventurer

Joe the Barbarian w/ Morrison is also great.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Proudhuff

Second Joe The Barbarian, that would have fitted nicely into the prog.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 13 March, 2019, 03:06:06 PM

interesting - just checked this out and it sounds good (and I enjoyed White Knight) so it's ordered!

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 March, 2019, 01:35:54 PM
Quote from: Bad City Blue on 13 March, 2019, 03:06:06 PM

interesting - just checked this out and it sounds good (and I enjoyed White Knight) so it's ordered!

Cracking story and great black and white art.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Link Prime

Plonked myself in my yellow IKEA chair yesterday afternoon with a pot of coffee and shed load of catch-up comics, including issue 1 of Curse of The White Knight.

I'm a bit torn on this one. I genuinely loved the original run, it felt fresh and punchy, and quickly evolved into something more than a "What if?", but its own really interesting pocket universe.

Issue 1 of the sequel not only loses that immediacy, but the set-up feels far more forced.
Could be that SGM moved too quick producing the follow-up, but fortunately the art remains flawless at least.

I'll stick with the series for the time being regardless.
Frankly, I'd probably buy it just for the art anyway.

The Adventurer

The first issue really felt like an extended set up, reexplaining the end of the first series and only slightly set up the new story. And Even though it's still called 'White Knight'. I'm not super thrilled Joker is still integral to the story.

Also, this time around there are going to be one-shot specials highlighting other characters. The first one is about Von Freeze, and it's not drawn by Murphy. Which makes this go around feel a lot less special then the first series. More commercial, if that makes sense.

We shall see.   

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Proudhuff

Unfortunately read this while slightly under the affluence, so will have to re-visit it  :-[
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Picked up Issue two, and well, a lot of talking then a lot of explosions...not feeling the same frisson of the unexpected that was in the first series, still will stick with it, anyone else reading it?
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

I've now got the trade for the first series of this in my towering 'to read' pile - I look forward to getting to it in about a year...