Main Menu

Dredd Con VI - date confirmation

Started by 2000AD Online, 25 July, 2005, 07:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

What?! Argh! [rushes to the Ipecac website...]

The Melvins perform 'Houdini' at Koko in Camden, 4th October. Hopefully some other stuff too.

A few other bands doing old albums too, Mudhoney later on in the month doing Superfuzzbigmuff.

Excellent, not often you get to use that word in conversation.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

That's 16th and 17th September for Mudhoney (at Koko), if anyone's interested, seeing as I mentioned it.

Moving along with Dreddcon news now is...
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mike Carroll

Thanks for the info, guys...!

Right now we're still only in the "wouldn't it be cool?" stage, but it's a definite possibility. However, we do have Octocon coming up two weeks after Dreddcon, so that might get in the way.

Looking at the travel options, it seems to me that it might be better to fly from Dublin to Birmingham and get the train to Oxford from there: this stunning logic is based on the idea that the journey time from London to Oxford and from Birmingham to Oxford is about the same, but Birmingham is closer to Dublin so the flight time would be shorter. Am I a genius or what?

It really, really would be cool to finally attend a Dreddcon! I could get a t-shirt made saying, "Hooray! I'm at Dreddcon!"

Mike

Something Fishy

flying.. hmm.. i guess i could...   problem is that i think stanstead is rather a long way from Oxford.  might have to drive up across the wild west radlands into Brit Cit to get there.

Richmond Clements

However, we do have Octocon coming up two weeks after Dreddcon, so that might get in the way.

Ah, but so have I, and I'm further away from both of them!
You're running out of excuses sir..!

Quirkafleeg

>For extra fun I may be jetlagged as well as drunk this year.

You'll be drinking a whole pint of English beer this year, then?

(Gary looks forward to more Tharg insulting antics)

I may come this year only because I've slimmed down enough to get into an item of apparel even more hideous than the now legendary orange shirt...

(I'd wear the two together but it would probably cause some sort of fatal rift in the space-time continuum)

Tweak72

what a brilliant birthday present yippy
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Art

Quirkafleeg

>You're coming as Colin Baker?

If only it was that subtle...

Art

Well it can't be any kind of merchandise item, because you would have ebayed it.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

johnnystress

Here's another excuse for ya MikeC!:)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/johnnystress/graph.jpg">

The Monarch

It had to be on my birthday now i can't come bugger

Max Kon

surely that is more reason to come?

And see all the famous people who came to your party, yet oddly you'd have to pay to get in.

DavidXBrunt

Not that anyone cares but I'm confirming. Got a hotel room booked and everything. I'm almost finished packing as well. Will people recognise me after the seismic shift that has gone on in personal appearance since the last one? I now wear black socks...