Main Menu

Garth Ennis Presents - Battle Classics is out now

Started by Ancient Otter, 19 December, 2013, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

I didn't get this yet but had a flick through in a bookshop - it's supposed to have all of HMS Nightshade, The General Dies at Dawn and finishes off with a few Cam Kennedy drawn one-offs.

Colin YNWA

Didn't think that was due until the new year. I'd find that very cool except for the fact it'll probably have to wait until then anyway!

Ancient Otter

The Cam Kennedy one-shots are:Clash by Night, Hot Wheels and Private Loser. 

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Ancient Otter

Got my mitts on it, delighted to read The General Dies at Dawn after getting a taster in the Best of Battle collection. Hopefully they'll bring out another collection, what would you like to see in it?

paddykafka

The Sarge, D-Day Dawson, The Bootneck Boy and The Eagle are some of my favourite strips that spring to mind. SOB! Am I really so old that I can actually remember these classic strips?

13school

I'd love it if they brought out a collection of all the Eagle stories. I still remember fondly the callback in a later story (where he's trying to track down some Nazi germ warfare weapon in Berlin right at the end of the war) when he ends up across from a ranting Hitler in the bunker - he remembers the earlier story where he was sent to kill Hitler and thinks "eh, hardly worth it now".

That Cam Kennedy-drawn Vietnam War series (whose name escapes me) didn't have the best scripting, but a reprint would be a must for the art alone.

Greg M.

Quote from: 13school on 12 January, 2014, 01:17:49 PM
That Cam Kennedy-drawn Vietnam War series (whose name escapes me) didn't have the best scripting, but a reprint would be a must for the art alone.

Fighting Mann. A great-looking series indeed.