Main Menu

Electricomics: Alan Moore's new digital comics app

Started by Spaceghost, 28 May, 2014, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

This looks really interesting. A free, 32 page showcase, featuring work by Alan and Leah Moore, John Reppion, Peter Hogan and Garth Ennis. It seems like the app will be an open source tool for creating digital comics.

Here are some extracts from the press release -

Moore is pushing boundaries again with Electricomics - an app that is both a comic book and an easy-to-use open source toolkit. Being open source and free, the app has wide potential not just for industry professionals, but also businesses, arts organisations and of course comic fans and creators everywhere.

Moore - "It will then be made freely available to all of the exciting emergent talent that is no doubt out there, just waiting to be given access to the technical toolkit that will enable them to create the comics of the future."

Electricomics will be self published by Moore and long time collaborator Mitch Jenkins as Orphans of the Storm, and funded by the Digital R&D Fund for the Arts. As a publicly funded research and development project, Electricomics will be free to explore the possibilities of the comic medium, without the constraints of the industry.

Not much more detail in the article below, but I'm excited by what I've heard.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53084
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Frank

I like everything about this news apart from the half-heartedly retro name. It's not a patch on referring to loeg@widstorm.com as an electro magneto address.