Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!  (Read 131596 times)

Richard S.

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile

CalHab

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
Sure is. I have a bunch of the Moebius stuff from collections Epic put out back in the day. But I'm not aware of any of Colin's stuff ever having been translated and the Moebius stuff is long over due a reprint.
I did ask Cinebook about this a few years ago and the chap rolled his eyes and just said 'If I could I would!'

Dark Horse started putting out some Moebius material, but the project seems to have stalled:
https://digital.darkhorse.com/series/801/moebius-library

Its frustrating that so little of his work is easily available in English.

Citi-Def_Joe

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile

73north

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Welcome to the twenty-eighth of The Lockdown Tapes as The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast continues to broadcast the joys of Thrill-power during the COVID-19 pandemic!

Got a theme or interview you’d like to hear? Let us know at thrillcast@2000AD.com

Before 2000 AD there was Action. Before Action, there was Battle Picture Weekly – created by Pat Mills and John Wagner, the war-themed weekly was the first shoots of what would come to become a comics revolution. On this episode of the Lockdown Tapes we talk to Dave Hunt, who took over as editor of Battle after its launch. From his own childhood amidst the ruins of war in the East End of London to working with artistic greats such as Carlos Ezquerra, Joe Colquhoun and Mike Western, from the fallout after the ‘banning’ of Action to the relaunch of the legendary Eagle in the 1980s, Dave was at the helm for a vital period of British comics and, despite the challenges the medium faced, had a key role in producing some of the industry’s most influential titles.
LINK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vf3sDr5tHo

Really pleased to see this great Ex-Editor interviewed from one of my all time favourite Titles
 - Battle
This was  a superb War Comic ,  that only folded due to the daft Toy Tie-In in the mid 1980's
that watered down the stories - especially that character that had a Bucket as a Helmet .

note to Molcher - please interview Gerry Finlay-Day and Pat Mills please

judgeurko

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Anyone have problems with the podcast not downloading to Player FM podcast player? It hasn't updated in 8 weeks. All other podcasts working fine.

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Research Monkey
    • View Profile

I was enjoying the Clint Langley Thrill-Cast and they got into a bit of a stramash with their data-wrangling.

You could count Clint's tenure on Slaine as lasting from p2003 (Moloch) to 1849 (Moloch, again, in Book of Scars), for a span of 539 progs. Or eleven years. Or 59 episodes (at 399 pages). Plus 20 covers (8 of which were wraparound). And a Star Scan.
++ map ++ thrills ++ coma ++