Main Menu

New Bad Company

Started by amines2058, 09 March, 2015, 12:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

Just got twattered on twitter that Peter Milligan  is returning to 2000AD with a new Bad Company story that will be a tribute to Brett Ewins with pencils by Rufus Dayglo and inks by Jim McCarthy. Due to hit shelves in prog 1950. Excuses if any minor errors in above as it is mostly from memory as I have lost the original tweet!

Dandontdare

locustsofdeath!

Bad Company is my favorite Thrill ever. This is great news, and I hope it comes back strong (and a little better than those last few kano outings).

Bat King

I got the press release today. Working on an article at the moment.

It'll be interesting to see if I get more comments about mentioning death... I got a complaint about talking about John Cooper's recent death.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

mejustnow

You just mentioned it again, Bat!
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

sheridan

Quote from: Bat King on 09 March, 2015, 08:40:56 PM
I got the press release today. Working on an article at the moment.

It'll be interesting to see if I get more comments about mentioning death... I got a complaint about talking about John Cooper's recent death.

Yeah, that commenter seemed to have some strange ideas...

Judge Olde

Didn't it end with Danny Franks becoming the Krool(?) Heart?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Judge Olde on 14 March, 2015, 11:58:51 AM
Didn't it end with Danny Franks becoming the Krool(?) Heart?

No, but it should have ended with Danny Franks becoming the Krool Heart.

[spoiler]Kano tried to put the Krool War behind him and live the simple life of a farmer, but eventually guilt overcame him and he led a rag-tag band to rescue Danny from his fate. Danny became human once more and left for a new life while Kano stayed behind on the Krool homeworld, fighting Krool to his heart's content.[/spoiler]
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Great interview with Milligan here that's got me a bit less anxious about the new series.

http://comicsalliance.com/peter-milligan-2000ad-interview/

Best bit may be the last question, though -

QuoteCA: Has your return to 2000 AD given you any interest in working with them more in future?

PM: Short answer: I've enjoyed this. So, yes. There are certain ideas I have which might feel more 2000 AD than Vertigo in style or substance. And I'm exploring this possibility.

@jamesfeistdraws

robert_ellis

Always enjoy Peter Milligan's stuff - thoughtful & horrific. The setup sounds promising since we've seen many of these characters' demise and Earth has already "rolled over and died". Perhaps like in "Kano" all is not as it seems...

Greg M.

Cheers for the link, DJ. Some very intriguing comments by Milligan there - something is clearly up if Flytrap, Thrax and Earth still exist. However, the idea Milligan might write completely new stories for the prog is ridiculously exciting.

Colin YNWA

So much to be happy about in that interview. Seems a real passion for what he's done. Can't wait.

Yeah I was also intrigued ti here mention of characters I thought dead and gone. Will this be a case of in story explaination or just moving things past that. Can't wait for this and here's hoping whatever comes after.

ZenArcade

Be nice to see Pete produce some more goods for the prog, what with a Bolland cover and the Biz doing a Pineapples strip, I'm starting to come over all misty eyed. Now all we need is Mark Millar. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Virtual reality prison, eh?