Main Menu

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Started by Goaty, 07 April, 2016, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Misanthrope on 01 June, 2016, 06:59:17 PM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 01 June, 2016, 12:03:10 PM
Everyone keeps saying this is a heist movie, but doesn't the original film state that the plans were stolen by spies during a battle against the Empire?

That was RotJ.

Nah, it's in the opening crawl for ANH.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 01 June, 2016, 06:15:59 PM'Battle' is vague enough to suggest any number of events - much like 'Your father was a great pilot' = podracing.

As a slip of lad Anakin did attack the Trade Federation in a Naboo fighter which is pretty much the same period of time Obi-Wan "first met" Luke's father - but again that's exactly an example of how loose Star Wars exposition by vernacular can be interpreted to fit whatever story is being created.

radiator

"I'll try spinning. That's a good trick!"

JOE SOAP

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

radiator

Quotebut again that's exactly an example of how loose Star Wars exposition by vernacular can be interpreted to fit whatever story is being created.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: GordonR on 01 June, 2016, 05:57:56 PM
If you've ever read any of the Republic Commando SW novels, you'll quickly realise how little the grim'n'gritty hardcore military style of story suits the Star Wars universe.

The Rogue/Wraith Squadron books show it fits the Sharpe (for want of a better comparison) style of war story though.

Also I think the best Wars in Star Wars were realised in 2003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwXu0ZpySY

JamesC

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 02 June, 2016, 02:25:41 PM
If you've ever read any of the Republic Commando SW novels, you'll quickly realise how little the grim'n'gritty hardcore military style of story suits the Star Wars universe.

The Rogue/Wraith Squadron books show it fits the Sharpe (for want of a better comparison) style of war story though.

Forget Sharpe, let's have Imperial Officer Flashman.

..I actually think that would work amazingly well!

von Boom

Quote from: JamesC on 02 June, 2016, 02:39:27 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 02 June, 2016, 02:25:41 PM

Forget Sharpe, let's have Imperial Officer Flashman.

..I actually think that would work amazingly well!

Flashman set in Star Wars...

Goaty

Big_Dave

TordelBack

Big-Dave's gag is by far the most interesting thing about those boring, awkward photos. I have a bad feeling about this.

Steve Green

Maybe it's an homage to the Carrie Fisher jedi photoshoot...

*clutching at straws*

radiator

Quote from: Tordelback on 23 June, 2016, 10:38:16 PM
Big-Dave's gag is by far the most interesting thing about those boring, awkward photos. I have a bad feeling about this.

Come, now. It could be worse: