Started by Goaty, 07 April, 2016, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Goaty

TordelBack

Ah yeah, that looks much better.

Except.

I still can't warm at all to Felicity Jones's delivery.  It reminds me of one of those French & Saunders movie spoofs, a pouty Jennifer playing Jyn against Dawn as Mon Mothma. Maybe it's the lines selected, I don't know. Not yet sold on Alan Tudyk's droid voice either.

Still, love the inclusion and look of Saw Guerrera from Clone Wars' Onderron arc (should have done more stories like that), and Donnie Yen's not-Jedi has fan-favourite written all over him.

Goaty

TordelBack

That whole walled city has SW written all over it, straight out of a WestEnd Games RPG sourcebook. Love it.

Less so the palm trees. Why are redwoods and hazels (and for that matter Earth snakes and lizards) okay for the GFFA but palm trees aren't? Is it because the unique shapes of palms are so symbolic of tropical Earth, while other trees are just trees?

dweezil2

Quote from: Tordelback on 12 August, 2016, 11:44:44 AM
Ah yeah, that looks much better.

Except.

I still can't warm at all to Felicity Jones's delivery.  It reminds me of one of those French & Saunders movie spoofs, a pouty Jennifer playing Jyn against Dawn as Mon Mothma. Maybe it's the lines selected, I don't know.

Must admit to finding her Received Pronunciation delivery rather grating, then again I felt the same about Daisy Ridley initially but found her more than acceptable in the movie as a whole.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Hawkmumbler

Rio De Fideldo

Our household are all very excited about Rogue One although I'm probably still the most excited.

CrazyFoxMachine

Blimey. Genuinely buzzing for this - looks beautiful and I luurrve myself a characterful rag-tag team. Bring it on!

PsychoGoatee

New trailer rocks, way better than the first one for me. And Donnie Yen is the man. And I dig that guy at the end of the trailer.

(watch Tiger Cage 2 everybody, classic Donnie)

Zarjazzer

I'm as excited as a pusscat at nom time. Looks fabulous!  Love that little montage Goaty.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I want to see this more than I wanted to see The Force Awakens
Lock up your spoons!

Michael Knight

This looks much better than 'The Force Awakens'!  Wow! i mean WOW!
Seriously I feel a sense of wonderment about a Star Wars release again. The Force Awakens whilst ok did not grab me like the others even in the trailer. This however looks a very different beast.
And Felicity Jones in it too! Result!  :)

sheridan

Quote from: Michael Knight on 15 August, 2016, 11:27:40 AM
And Felicity Jones in it too! Result!  :)
Ethel Hallow from the Worst Witch apparently (British TV series rather than US film, I'm guessing).

Michael Knight