Main Menu

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Started by Goaty, 07 April, 2016, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yeah that's a good one. Very impressive visual.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

TordelBack

Hawkmumbler

Is Vader going to do much beyond stand around menacingly? Because i'm cool with that, Episode I-III did enough to ruin the character for me without Rogue One doing it as well!

Goaty

CrazyFoxMachine

:o

Blimey. The tone of this is so brilliantly off but so absolutely perfect all at once. Genuinely very excited for it.

JOE SOAP

Looks like it'll be the best Prequel.

Michael Knight

Goaty cheers for link mate. I actually think this isnt going to disappoint at all. How da hell they get the first 3 prequels so wrong?  :)

Mute77

I agree with CFM regarding the tone..I have high hopes for this. Can't wait to hear Vader speak!

Goaty

James Earl Jones is back as voice of Vader

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 13 October, 2016, 06:33:23 PM
:o

Blimey. The tone of this is so brilliantly off but so absolutely perfect all at once. Genuinely very excited for it.

Yeah sums up my feelings. Seems like its going for a much more 'serious' 'heavy' tone - which given it needs to be its own thing, with so much baggage around it, can't be a bad thing.

Just hope it doesn't slip into grimdark, but there's enough there to suggest they'll be a little charm hidden in all those swearly grimaces.

Looking forward to this.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 October, 2016, 09:39:00 PM
Just hope it doesn't slip into grimdark

I guess what protects against that even if the whole film is rather 'glum' is that we already know the universe its set in ISN'T grimdark if you get my drift. Even though it'd be tonally ultrajarring the continuityfiend in me is desperate to see a Rebels reference stuffed in there somewhere.

Radbacker

oh god thats arsom.
I can not wait for this, I dont know too much about the characters but wouldn't it be awsome if Fporrest Whitaker character was one of those old Clones that didn't follow order 66 or what ever the f%^k it was called? He'd be about the right age wouldn't he.
Thats one pissed off Vader at the end there.

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 14 October, 2016, 11:14:36 AM
... the continuityfiend in me is desperate to see a Rebels reference stuffed in there somewhere.

Forrest Whitaker's character Saw Guerrero (originally from The Clone Wars' Onderron arc) has been namechecked in Rebels already, so I would actually be pretty surprised if the back-scratching didn't flow both ways. Although given that we already have a blind apparently force-sensitive character in Donnie Yen's character I doubt it'll be Kanan that gets the nod... My money is on Chopper or Rex (please be Rex).

Professor Bear

As the one person on Earth disappointed in The Force Awakens I don't know why I remain hopeful about this one, but here we are.
I think I might be a Bizarro-Star Wars fan: instead of going around saying "as long as George Lucas isn't involved it will be good" like all the other SW fans, I'm thinking "as long as JJ Abrams is nowhere near it it might actually have some emotional gravy-tass or an identity of its own."