Main Menu

AUGUST ART COMP - DREDD'S DEAD, BABY, DREDD'S DEAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 August, 2016, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

I'm getting a Richard Dolan vibe off that Mark Higgins piece. Anyone else see that?

Pete Wells

The clothes give me a Richard Dolan vibe (I adored his Christmas cover) but the background reminds me of Jim Murray. An excellent piece!

deedeetee

Blimey, first chance I've had to enter this year and it's all a bit shouty. (Also, as an aside to another conversation, I've also wondered if Mark is a relation to John, especially as I had a strong vibe of John's style from his entry a couple of months ago...)

Anyway, feeling a bit rusty as I don't get to draw much. But here's my 'mean' entry...

Grugz

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 August, 2016, 06:51:22 PM

Would you like me to withdraw my entry?

fnar!!!

well wot a to do! and from someone who has had their fair share of to do's this was daft...yep,pete's chopper entry was a bit close to the knuckle (fnar fnar) but he's still better than buttman ! ;p 

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

stuartcatley

Wow.

I have watched from the sidelines the past couple of months and wanted to post an entry this month but I think I am going to retire from posting anything here again.

I don't post here for critique, for praise or for glory (maybe glory)...but for fun. That fun has gone guys.

Cheerio, hope things return to their better ways soon.

Banners

Shame. I had fun doing this quickly (which is just as well, considering it's not very good)...

"A Sign of the Crimes".

IAMTHESYSTEM

There sure are some excellent entries in this months comp. It's heatin' up!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

ZenArcade

Wow.

'I have watched from the sidelines the past couple of months and wanted to post an entry this month but I think I am going to retire from posting anything here again.

I don't post here for critique, for praise or for glory (maybe glory)...but for fun. That fun has gone guys.

Cheerio, hope things return to their better ways soon.'

Sorry to hear that Stuart,  I've enjoyed your work enormously on here....please reconsider.  the same also applies to the Legendary J Dilworth.  Z  :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Goaty

Too many amazing stuffs on here! Not sure about to post mine on here as not finished yet! You all too good!

Also any tip on how to upload image online and link to it? As I been used imgur before, but it went fuck up.

thanks!

Fungus

Stellar quality this month. Long may the entries continue.

Otherwise...
THE THREAD'S DEAD, BABY, THE THREAD'S DEAD

:-[

Eamonn Clarke

Just so Pete and Buttonman will have some stiff (geddit) competition for last place.
Model supplied by Judge Burdis

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Goaty on 16 August, 2016, 10:04:01 AM
Too many amazing stuffs on here! Not sure about to post mine on here as not finished yet! You all too good!

Also any tip on how to upload image online and link to it? As I been used imgur before, but it went fuck up.

thanks!

Photobucket.com is your man for that,  Goaty. Open an account and follow the instructions, it's all pretty self-explanatory
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spaceghost

The only way forward seems to be that every entry to the Art Comp comes with a sworn affidavit from a reliable witness, certifying that a set amount of time and furrow-browed earnestness was spent on the piece.

That, and a video of the artist weeping bitterly over the immeasurable emotional toll the artistic process took on their mortal soul.

The trouble with fun is that it ruins EVERYTHING.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

mightybren

I run Tharg's choice for the Chopper comp with an entry that was an hours effort. It was completely unexpected but made me very happy. Just sayin' :)

I love all the art in these threads. There's some serious talent here and some very well crafted submissions :) there's also some great humour. I love the variety. Please keep this competition going because personal ambitions aside (I do have them) it's highly entertaining!

After lots of sketching and thinking, I've finally decided on a potential entry for this month. Watch this space!

mightybren

Woops! Typo while I should have been paying attention in work...

QuoteI run Tharg's choice for the Chopper comp with an entry that was an hours effort.

I won Tharg's choice for the Chopper comp with an entry that was an hours effort.