Main Menu

Kingdom - is there an ending?

Started by DrRocka, 11 December, 2016, 12:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

Sure I may have asked this before in these parts, but I'm sure I read a couple of years ago that Kingdom has an end in sight. Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Kingdom, just had a big reread of all of it, but I'd love to know how it all ends. Sure I read that Mr Abnett has a definitive ending in mind. Does anyone know anything further?
Never ever bloody anything ever

Rogue Judge

I've heard this too, but with that said, I hope it doesn't end any time soon. Kingdom is fantastic, one my favorite "current" 2000AD titles along with Dredd (and Jaegir). I have only read the first two trades (call of the wild & the Promise Land) but am highly anticipating Aux Drift, which I think comes out in April.

sheridan

Rogue Judge

There is a novel?! Awesome,  Im gonna go Google that right now. Thanks!

sheridan

Fiefdom - curiously not available on the 2000AD shop any more (not even in digital form), but amazon is selling the kindle version (would be no use to me, though luckily I got the physical copy already).

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 11 December, 2016, 11:10:54 AM
Fiefdom - curiously not available on the 2000AD shop any more (not even in digital form), but amazon is selling the kindle version (would be no use to me, though luckily I got the physical copy already).
There are limited copies of non-kindle editions - one paperback and one limited edition hardback (though looks like they're all limited now!) - link for Fiefdom: A Kingdom Novel.

Colin YNWA

There's a load of strips that I'd like to see have an ending, not necessarily because I don't like them, very often quite the opposite, but as I think they feel like they deserve one. Great example is Brass Sun, which given its questing nature needs to be heading towards a conclusion, quite happy for it to take its time getting there, but it needs to.

As has been discussed elsewhere a couple of writers have a large number of stories on the go at the moment and I think some could do with being wrapped up,rather than having them sit in limbo for so long between stories.

Kingdom on the other hand feels far more in the vain as some classic stories. While there's things to be explored in the world Gene is a robust enough vehicle to keep the series going as long as needed.

That said of course if Dan Abnett and Richard Elson have an end point in mind, especially given how busy they seem to be these days maybe its best to give it a defininate conclusion rather than risk leaving it drifting. I'm certainly in no rush to get there, but if the two creators feel they aren't able to sustain it long term would be the best thing to do.

Bat King

I'd like another novel... there's lots to explore in the setting even if Gene the Hackman's story ever ended.

My review of Fiefdom https://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/fiefdom-by-dan-abnett-nik-vincent-spoiler-light/
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.