Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

That advantage of waiting is that this kind of tech becomes available/cheaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErPsq5kPzE

Frank

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 02 August, 2019, 09:04:55 AM
... he grumbled something vague about money which made me think he's probably down on it for that more than anything else

You can see his point*. The aim of making a show that would cost tens of millions of dollars is, presumably, to make even more millions of dollars.

* Grant describes meeting some guy who'd been paid a fortune to write a Lobo screenplay and wanting to punch him in the face when he said he'd used Grant and Giffen's work verbatim.

IAMTHESYSTEM

'Replaces all previous material.' Well, that suggests a re-written shooting script and not the Robb Williams one.   So it appears to be a brand new storyline, not whatever they originally had in mind. Maybe investors or distributors suggested changes, but that's just my opinion.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

radiator

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 06 August, 2019, 07:06:57 PM
'Replaces all previous material.' Well, that suggests a re-written shooting script and not the Robb Williams one.   So it appears to be a brand new storyline, not whatever they originally had in mind. Maybe investors or distributors suggested changes, but that's just my opinion.

Or just a new draft? I'm sure pilot scripts go through many versions.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: radiator on 06 August, 2019, 07:09:14 PM

Or just a new draft? I'm sure pilot scripts go through many versions.

I hadn't thought of that! I read darkness into everything too much.

― Nikola Tesla

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Frank on 06 August, 2019, 07:17:45 PM

https://screenwriting.io/what-are-colored-revisionsdraftspages/

Yes! Paranoia is in retreat, thanks to this. Don't worry; it will return as it always does. I wonder if the scripts reached the' Second Cherry Revisions' stage yet. 

― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Coloured script pages only apply to shooting scripts that are undergoing revisions during production, not development, because there can be many different copies of scripts in circulation in the different production departments. The script supervisor needs to be sure everyone involved has the right update and colours make it easy to see.

Dandontdare

I think that's just a bit of standard legalise that they'd put on every draft.

Frank

There's a Youtube video doing the rounds which claims a 'MASSIVE UPDATE' on the show.

Needless to say, it's nothing of the kind, just a regurgitation of the facts and passing off observations the guy's read by Steve and Joe (here or on social media) as his own deductive reasoning.

Which is shameful shit, especially as he does have something like one piece of genuine news - Jason Kingsley confirmed to him that 'things' (presumably the screenplay, maybe also the series outline) have been 'completely rewritten' since last year's announcement.

That's it. Now go ahead and post the video anyway, because you never bother to read the thread.

GrudgeJohnDeed

A friend told me by text that Jason Kingsley had posted a pic of himself with the script, but I'm tired and read it as Jason Statham, and whilst I'm still delighted at some movement now I'd love to see Statham as Judge Armour at some point :D

TordelBack

Following revelations of his not-getting-too-beaten-up clause suggesting a somewhat fragile image, would he wear the chin star, I wonder?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Frank on 06 August, 2019, 10:52:13 PMJason Kingsley confirmed to him that 'things' (presumably the screenplay, maybe also the series outline) have been 'completely rewritten' since last year's announcement.
Which, in case anyone starts freaking out, is also extremely standard when it comes to new shows and pilots. What you see in the screen often ends up barely resembling the original pilot script.

CalHab

Quote from: Frank on 02 August, 2019, 01:59:30 PM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 02 August, 2019, 09:04:55 AM
... he grumbled something vague about money which made me think he's probably down on it for that more than anything else

You can see his point*. The aim of making a show that would cost tens of millions of dollars is, presumably, to make even more millions of dollars.

* Grant describes meeting some guy who'd been paid a fortune to write a Lobo screenplay and wanting to punch him in the face when he said he'd used Grant and Giffen's work verbatim.

His Batman collaborator Norm Breyfogle died after having to crowdfund his medical expenses, not to mention Grant's own problems. I can understand his resentment towards the industry.