Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

Quote6. Check out Brian Jenkins in the same video.  There's the man to play Dredd right there!  He'd have to lose the beard of course, or otherwise he could just be seen from behind or in silhouette at the periphery of the action.

Don't know about Dredd but I'm definitely seeing Desperate Dan...

Cookyman

Having the series called Mega City One you could have episodes that focus more on the citizens with the Judges in the background of the stories being the bastards they are e.g. America, Chopper etc.  Other episodes could be more judge focussed, if done correctly you this has one hell of a lot of potential.
Choc chip goodness.

Andy Lambert

Just occurred to me my Desperate Dan comment could appear as mean which absolutely wasn't my intention - no malice intended, so if that came across as offensive, I sincerely apologise.

sheridan

Quote from: Rusty on 10 May, 2017, 07:34:52 PM
If it is being filmed in the UK, chances are that it'll be in Belfast. HBO will have no further need for the massive studios they used for Game of Thrones. Besides, Belfast was already in the opening sequence of Dredd. The place is practically Mega City One at times.

?  The producers of Game of Thrones are considering four different follow-up series to Game of Thrones (ideas on what these could be generally centre around prequels - Barratheon's rebellion, tales of the rise of the Targaryens, etc).

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 10 May, 2017, 08:13:54 PM
The vibe I'm getting is 'Gotham' but in the Dreddverse (hopefully better though).

Gotham - wasn't one of the producers on that Danny Cannon?  I wonder if he'd be free to develop the Dredd TV series? ;-)

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 May, 2017, 11:39:58 PM
6. Check out Brian Jenkins in the same video.  There's the man to play Dredd right there!  He'd have to lose the beard of course, or otherwise he could just be seen from behind or in silhouette at the periphery of the action.

Nah, it's fine - Dredd has a beard, see?

CYCLOPZ

This news just brought me back to the forum. Been waiting for this to happen, Yes! :D :D :D

Dash Decent

Quote from: sheridan on 10 May, 2017, 11:17:54 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 May, 2017, 06:19:14 PM
For grud's sake is this thing not on yet, it feels like it's been ages...

There's only two names I want to see attached to this. Much excitement!

Karl and Urban?  Or Wagner and Ezquerra?

He means Ennis & Miller.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 May, 2017, 01:26:04 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 10 May, 2017, 11:17:54 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 May, 2017, 06:19:14 PM
For grud's sake is this thing not on yet, it feels like it's been ages...

There's only two names I want to see attached to this. Much excitement!

Karl and Urban?  Or Wagner and Ezquerra?

He means Ennis & Miller.

Shame Fleischer never wrote Dredd...

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 May, 2017, 10:58:45 PM
The ad shows flying cars... which ultimately doesn't really mean anything as it could be completely different when it is broadcast. If they keep to that aesthetic though (i.e. movie style blocks, albeit not so spaced out, but the comic vehicles) that would not be a bad way to go.

I do like the big mushroom buildings, though.

If Mega City looks anything like that poster then that's a very good start.   I liked Dredd but the city to me just wasn't anywhere near as futuristic and crowded enough as it should be.

And of course the Lawmaster was another bone of contention.

ABCwarBOT

Here's what the Lawmaster should look like........

http://www.mwctoys.com/images2/review_lawmaster_14.jpg

I've got me one of dem and it's bewtiful.

A.Cow

Interesting signs in the poster:  "CALLING ALL DULTS!  MEGXIT NEEDS YOUR GUNS"

Cheeky "2016 AD" logo, too.

Rogue Judge

Got the email this morning announcing this and it made my day! I thought of all the happy drokkers on this board and had to smile, I knew how pleased you would all be!

Its funny how all the comments on the YouTube announcement video say "Urban as Dredd or there will be blockwars!"

Smith

It probably way too early,but any news on what network it could be?