Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

It would take him ten years to write them.

ZenArcade

Ahhhhh, sure brag him up; get him motivated, we could hone him down to 18 months....surely??  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

NapalmKev

I really hope this comes to fruition! If it does, and runs for a good while,  I'd like to see Mcgruder going from SJS to Chief Judge/Long Walk/Chief Judge again. In fact I'd like to see a whole lot more but I'm happy just to know that this venture could possibly happen.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

von Boom

I think the best option, in the beginning at least, will be for them to produce something tangential to Dredd, but still encompassing it. This has two things going for it. First, it allows the creators a very free hand in producing a clear and coherent programme. And second, it means curmudgeonly 2000AD nerds will not be able to rend their shirts and exclaim 'THAT'S NOT HOW IT HAPPENED IN THE COMIC!'

Richard

QuoteAn endless regurgitation of stories and characters I already know would begin to grate eventually.

Yes, while I want the series to include and be true to the characters, they could do that and still come up with original stories.

Dark Jimbo

For all the faults of both the comic and the programme, I like the Walking Dead approach - lots of characters and plotlines in common, but their fates often play out quite differently in each.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Legendary Shark

Lots of great plotlines which could be followed, such as Orlok infiltrating the city, Hershey in her last few months/years at the Academy, Cal's descent into madness, Call-Me-Kenneth's rise to dissatisfied sentience, oh Lordy!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Pete Wells

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 May, 2017, 07:40:13 PM
Lots of great plotlines which could be followed, such as Orlok infiltrating the city, Hershey in her last few months/years at the Academy, Cal's descent into madness, Call-Me-Kenneth's rise to dissatisfied sentience, oh Lordy!

I love ALL of those ideas Sharky!

Steve Green

It should obviously be Karl Urban reading out the contents of the politics thread.

Woolly

Cal's descent into madness

Much as I'd love to see all the greats on screen, this is the one I could live without. It'd have to be adapted to the point of being unrecognisable.
Personally, I'd prefer to see the Sinfield kind of corruption going on.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Pete Wells on 16 May, 2017, 09:02:53 PM

I love ALL of those ideas Sharky!

Note to producers: I'm available and cheap!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

jackstarr

Quote from: Woolly on 16 May, 2017, 09:15:29 PM
Cal's descent into madness

Much as I'd love to see all the greats on screen, this is the one I could live without. It'd have to be adapted to the point of being unrecognisable.
Personally, I'd prefer to see the Sinfield kind of corruption going on.

But that'd mean no Judge Fish  :'(

Steve Green

The thought of viewers only familiar with 2012 Dredd reacting to a goldfish deputy chief judge does have some appeal...

Richard

Trying to adapt Judge Cal would kill the series.

CYCLOPZ

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this but perhaps some smart writer could adapt City Of The Damned with an actual ending, as I understand it Wagner and Grant got fed up of writing that series and ended it prematurely. Also The Haunting of Sector House 9 was always a favourite of mine.