Main Menu

Prog 2148 - Fear of the Machine!

Started by norton canes, 05 September, 2019, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

Never started a prog thread before. Hope no-one minds.

Anyway - What. A. Cover.

Rately

Bloody lovely cover.

Has Dylan Teague any interior work upcoming in the Prog?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: norton canes on 05 September, 2019, 12:36:02 PM
Never started a prog thread before. Hope no-one minds.

You'll take absolute pelters for starting a thread without a review of the entire comic, but I've never really understood why. Let's review the cover, to keep them happy. It's great; Dylan Teague should do more art for Tharg.

Only Simon Davis does the red nose thing - he explains why here.

broodblik

Great cover. Top-notch review norton  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

Thanks!

Here's the big picture for ya, scuzzpucks...

Finny and Ray looking awesome of course, but how good is that background? Epic stuff.

Bolt-01

Do Ray and Finny no longer remember when they 'met' a sentient Downlode that communicated via overhead road signs? (Which makes me think of LA Story with Steve Martin)

Dandontdare

Don't know about Ray & Finny, but I'd forgotten that!

Frank

Yer man's trews have Cliff Robinson creases:

norton canes

Colin YNWA

73north

I finally got a copy on a Saturday - Sinister Dexter and Dredd are wonderful
I also noted the end of Indigo Prime -
always a job to understand what's going down in it
but its certainly unique
really enjoyable Prog - and as ever the highlight has to be Jaegir

note - to 2000AD - please commission more of this War Story - highlight of the Prog
and a major reason I am a subscriber
( and if Gordon Rennie and Simon Coleby ever read these words -
Thank you for this story !!

Richard

Jaegir doesn't take shit from anyone!

Colin YNWA

Well first and formost that is a lovely, lovely cover. What is on the surface a fairly genric pose for two hit men carries so much with it. The background really lifts Sinister and Dexter as well, the colours are just great.

Inside things aren't too bad either are they.

Dredd continues to be wonderful. I'm so invested in Barbarara's dilemma I'm on edge to get to the conclusion next week... with the nagging realisation in the back of my mind that this is Dredd. Things don't end well for folks regardless of how much you might want them to, do they.

Sinister Dexter is fantastic. Quietly and masterfully developing situation and character. Then with the final panel reminding us what we come to this strip for as well. Love this one. Suspect next weeks will be more than just the fireworks

3riller - Red Road - as I suspected last week doesn't really offer much in terms of being more than an extended Future Shock with the page count extended by a fight scene. That said its been very entertaining and I'd like to see this one get another outing as these things sometime do. With more space we could add some context and interest to the Mad Maxing.

Jaegir Well it doesn't hold back does it. Its hard grim and glorious.

And then there's Indigo Prime. If we step back from what we fans know about the creative ins and outs and just look at this as a comic in its own right its been superb. Imaginative, inventive, exciting and intriguing. I've been involved and invested from beginning to end. The final page with Danny landing back in a very human drama, returned to the mundane drama of the 'everyday' wonderfully underscorses the dimension bending schindigs we're had to this point. Just brilliant.

Great Prog.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 September, 2019, 05:30:22 PM
And then there's Indigo Prime. If we step back from what we fans know about the creative ins and outs and just look at this as a comic in its own right its been superb. Imaginative, inventive, exciting and intriguing. I've been involved and invested from beginning to end. The final page with Danny landing back in a very human drama, returned to the mundane drama of the 'everyday' wonderfully underscorses the dimension bending schindigs we're had to this point. Just brilliant.

I agree. I've enjoyed the hell out of this, notwithstanding the sad and obvious provisos...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.