Main Menu

Meg 416: Welcome to the Dead War!

Started by Proudhuff, 14 January, 2020, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Well that Dredd is good, and good use of the bird's eye POV, other wise lots of promo stuff, future Rebellion comis, GN and games.
The ten pages of the Game tie-in seem a bit flabby, the Grennie-droid could have told all that in two pages and have us panting for more, Mrs Mill's laddie tells it like it is about Crisis, while lawless takes us right back to the outback.Ten pages of great stuff.
A solid and weighty Megazine.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

ooops forgot the knob engorged Devlin, very fulfilling  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

oh, and the floppie is solid E-Wing Droid Dredd, BLISS!  :D
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

just a little note to say how much I appreciated seeing Jim echo Ellie's lettering style in Lawless. And thanks to Matt Soffe for the mentions for FQP, too.

Colin YNWA

Solid Meg.

Started by a solid Dredd, not spectacular but decent and certainly exciting. Devlin Waugh is a little left field at first and then takes a very effective and chilling turn. Blunt continues well enough. And there's a solid zombie in the Second World Warish story.

The text pieces are all decent ...

...and then of course it all gets blown away by Lawless which remains comics at its best. Here different strands to the story shoot, collide and the past slips back in leaving an oily trial. Its quite brilliant on every level.

This time I benefit from the all too recent reprints (don't go telling me Meg 300(ish) was 10 years ago or something as I simply don't want to hear it) as before the second half of Damnation Station we get some lovely Al Ewing Dredd I've never read. Who knew I needed a rhyming James Bond pastiche in my life?!?

NapalmKev

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 January, 2020, 09:22:16 PM
Solid Meg.

Couldn't agree more! Dredd, Devlin and Lawless are all on top form. Blunt is interesting and may benefit from a complete read rather than the monthly episodic format.

I've never played the Zombie Army games but this strip shows promise.

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

broodblik

A very solid meg.

Dredd is not so unique but still a very enjoyable story. Carroll add enough betrayal and backstabbing in with Karl producing his high standard of art yet again.

Devlin Waugh build up to a shocking last panel was quite mundane. The last panel grab you in your throat and wont release you. Can not wait for the rest of the tale to unfold.

I was not so invested in the previous series of Blunt but this round I already feel more engaged.

Rebellion is using the meg to promote one of their main franchise items (and why not ?): Zombie Army. As with Strange Brigade the story looks interesting enough with some good art by Mutti.   

The highlight of the meg as always Lawless. What do I have to say for people to start reading this and why is not everyone reading this is beyond me? Just pure brilliance.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bad City Blue

good stuff but the zombie war is tired and unoriginal. Better than Urban Strike, I suppose...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

The Monarch

meg 300 seriously wasn't ten years ago was it?!? :lol:

Proudhuff

Crikey only seven peeps reading this?  :-X
DDT did a job on me