General Chat > Books & Comics

Shift Comic - new UK anthology

<< < (4/17) > >>

broodblik:

--- Quote from: GordonR on 03 October, 2020, 12:36:37 PM ---"Great news inside, readers!"

--- End quote ---

I can remember my days of reading The Eagle how I come to loathe those words.

tonyf33:
The first issue of Shift will be 108 pages with a ComicScene section in it.  It’s published by Comic Toolbox.
It will be on sale in WHSmith, Martin/McColls and Easons and is likely to be in Barnes and Noble in US, Indigo/Chapters in Canada and Australia.  You will be able to order it at your local store as well. 
You can get the new ‘History of Comics’ Partwork (first 4 volumes covering 1984, 1977, 1950 & 1986) and Shift together for less than the cover price at https://comicscene.org/subscribe-to-the-history-of-comics/ or at https://getmycomics.com/Release/Indie
ComicScene also doing a hardback annual this year too https://comicscene.org/2020/09/30/buy-your-comicscene-annual-here-now-even-bigger-at-116-pages/
The current issue of ComicScene Magazine (featuring Dan Dare in 2000AD) will be the last and you can get it in WHSmith and McColls now with more info about Shift in it.
With 2000AD and Megazine doing well and these titles launching in October/November things are looking a little healthier for comics.  Hope that helps.

Bad City Blue:

--- Quote from: GordonR on 03 October, 2020, 12:36:37 PM ---

Merging with another title after your debut issue.  That's a new one.

"Great news inside, readers!"

--- End quote ---

It's not the debut. I've ben reading it for a year now.

Do keep up, Bond...

GordonR:
 :lol:
--- Quote from: Bad City Blue on 03 October, 2020, 10:53:48 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Do keep up, Bond...

--- End quote ---

No, you’ve been reading Comic Scene for over a year. We’re talking about Shift, which is just launching and then having Comic Scnene merged onto it.

--- Quote --- The first issue of Shift will be 108 pages with a ComicScene section in it.  It’s published by Comic Toolbox.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- The current issue of ComicScene Magazine (featuring Dan Dare in 2000AD) will be the last
--- End quote ---

Something about.... keeping up..?

Bad City Blue:
 :D :D :D :D

Try again, Kenny.

It is not merging with anything "after " it's debut issue. Comic Scene is becoming part of it in the actual first issue.

So "Great news for Shift readers" there - the two are one from the beginning.

I hope it's successful.

--- Quote from: GordonR on 04 October, 2020, 02:26:53 AM --- :lol:
--- Quote from: Bad City Blue on 03 October, 2020, 10:53:48 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Do keep up, Bond...

--- End quote ---

No, you’ve been reading Comic Scene for over a year. We’re talking about Shift, which is just launching and then having Comic Scnene merged onto it.

--- Quote --- The first issue of Shift will be 108 pages with a ComicScene section in it.  It’s published by Comic Toolbox.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- The current issue of ComicScene Magazine (featuring Dan Dare in 2000AD) will be the last
--- End quote ---

Something about.... keeping up..?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version