General Chat > Books & Comics

Shift Comic - new UK anthology

<< < (14/15) > >>

Tomwe:
I'm interested to know how the creators get paid for their strips. The majority have seen print somewhere before, so are GMC licensing them to run or are the creators just letting them have at it, with a portion of the sales profits heading their way afterwards? Maybe a bit of both.

I imagine Scott Morse being quite happy for his decades-old strip to generate new cash for him with little effort. Actually, I hope they look at his other work afterwards.

Mark Waid was only talking about Empire on Word Balloon the other day. The rights have reverted to them. It will be the most mainstream strip SHIFT has run to my eye.

rogue69:

--- Quote ---Yeah never seen this but Mark Waid and Barry Kitson is quite the team. Wonder how I missed this one!
--- End quote ---

Empire originally came out in 2000 through Gorilla comics but only printed 2 issues. In 2003 it was picked up by DC which published the two original comics as #0 and then the rest of the story was told over six issues. A 4 issue sequel came out in 2015 via IDW Empire: Uprising as DC had let the rights lapse in 2014

Tomwe:

--- Quote from: rogue69 on 10 September, 2021, 10:46:51 AM ---
--- Quote ---Yeah never seen this but Mark Waid and Barry Kitson is quite the team. Wonder how I missed this one!
--- End quote ---

Empire originally came out in 2000 through Gorilla comics but only printed 2 issues. In 2003 it was picked up by DC which published the two original comics as #0 and then the rest of the story was told over six issues. A 4 issue sequel came out in 2015 via IDW Empire: Uprising as DC had let the rights lapse in 2014

--- End quote ---
So around twelve issues exist up to date? That's quite a chunk for Shift to cover if they were to include the original material first. Maybe the 'new' stuff is just a few pages as in order to set up the original run.

rogue69:
Shift have just added to their site a new version of Empire as part of their "Shift presents" range being released in November and this will not be available in newsagents

This collected edition is only £11.99 and the first 50 people to pre-order this will also get a signed Barry Kitson print

https://theshift.store/collections/all/products/shift-presents-empire

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: rogue69 on 27 September, 2021, 12:34:27 PM ---Shift have just added to their site a new version of Empire as part of their "Shift presents" range being released in November and this will not be available in newsagents

This collected edition is only £11.99 and the first 50 people to pre-order this will also get a signed Barry Kitson print

https://theshift.store/collections/all/products/shift-presents-empire

--- End quote ---

Ohhh  nice one. That's ordered - have no idea if I'm in the first 50 or not but at £11.99 (and £2 postage) and clocking in at almost 200 pages of Mark Waid and Barry Kitson goodness I'm winner either way!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version