Main Menu

The League of Gentlemen

Started by Quirkafleeg, 31 March, 2004, 10:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Read on ceefax (well the itv version) that they are gonna be making a film ... not sure if this is meant for cinema distribution or a tv special. Filming in Ireland and the Isle of Man as well as 't North and London to save money. Plotwise Tubbs et al have to save Royston Vassey from something or other... followed by a fourth tv series maybe.

Satanist

Hmmmm...Dont know if I'm too keen on this as the last series was shite.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Oddboy

Wouldn't say "shite" - but it wasn't a patch on series 1+2.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Satanist

They took a really great,odd show and turned it into a sitcom.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

I thought the third series was the best one so far.

If they'd done the same thing, then people would have complaned they were treading water.

I for one am looking forward to the movie.

Mr D

I could see what they were trying to do with S3, but it didn't work for me. I'd like to see more though, see where it goes from here etc.

frazer

season 3 ruled.

and did u know that Dean Tavalouris worked on Apocalypse now?

"Charlie! Shurrup!! I'm doin me program!!"
F

Darryl

Heard abou thti sa while ago... (with thanks to SFX mag...)

'The League of Gentlemen have finished the script for their first big screen outing, and are hoping the Ray Harryhuasen will come out of retirement to work on the project.....Decribed by Jeremy dyson as "royston vasey meets The Matrix", the film is about 2 years away from release..... They promise a film that, while attached to the series in terms of continuity, will be a proper CINEMATIC movie that will add many new characters to the League comic universe. "It's not a Royston Vasey film per se. It starts there, but it is a very big idea. I mean, there are a lot of familiar faces, but it's a big concept film and it has a lot of surpirsing twists and turns" (mark Gatiss).

Hmm.. wets me appetite does that....

Shakara

The league rock,

that's my little input

Buddy

The most I've ever seen of TLOG was the last half of tyhe last episode (a pub or shop or grocer burnt down).

My (now ex) girlfriend wouldn't have it on in the house, even though she'd never seen it she decided it was rubbish, so as a result I never got to watch the thing.

Oddboy

Now she's gone - I reckomend you get series 1+2 on video/DVD.

Wils

You ever considered being a Relate councellor, Odders? ;)

Oddboy

It's fair advise: t'is called "Retail Therapy" - maybe I should consider working in Sales?

The Monarch

Dean Tavalouris ruled he deserves a programme of his own...well better that than that scrubs rip off anyway