Main Menu

Shit the Dog poster magazine 1,2 & 3

Started by Fatboydale, 07 July, 2012, 12:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Shit the Dog poster magazine 1,2 & 3 , issue 1 is signed by John Wagner , Alan Grant and Simon Bisley , looking either for a good trade for a recent 2000ad GN or offers

Frank

I remember Alan Grant saying that he and John Wagner ended up with a warehouse full of those things that they weren't allowed to sell for contractual reasons, and that the protracted legal wrangling meant they took such a bath on that project that it ended their dreams of creator owned independence.

Were those ever actually on sale to the general public, Dale?

Trout

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 07 July, 2012, 03:48:38 PM
Also: ew.

It was their comment on the success of Garfield. The lasagna loving cat, not the new Spiderman.

Fatboydale

Quote from: bikini kill on 07 July, 2012, 03:35:58 PM
I remember Alan Grant saying that he and John Wagner ended up with a warehouse full of those things that they weren't allowed to sell for contractual reasons, and that the protracted legal wrangling meant they took such a bath on that project that it ended their dreams of creator owned independence.

Really don't know the answer to the Legal side ....but these are quite RARE ( now they are lol  )

Yes these issues were sold at the N.E.C back in the 1990's ....

I also own most of the Original artwork by Simon Bisley ...

Rog69

I remember seeing these for sale at the NEC too, I think it was at one of the Memorabilia shows.

I was going to purchase but my wife said she would disown me if I did. I wish I had now :)

vzzbux

Quote from: Rog69 on 08 July, 2012, 09:51:13 AM
I remember seeing these for sale at the NEC too, I think it was at one of the Memorabilia shows.

I was going to purchase but my wife said she would disown me if I did. I wish I had now :)
The dreaded wife of reason strikes again.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tjm86

Quote from: vzzbux on 08 July, 2012, 10:26:35 AM

The dreaded wife of reason strikes again.

That has to be the biggest oxymoron since 'honest banker'!

Frank

Quote from: bikini kill on 07 July, 2012, 03:35:58 PM

After getting intermittent Firefox-style 'Nam flashbacks at the mention of those poster mags, I had a root about in the room that hoovering forgot, and it turns out I own the first issue of Shit the Dog.

Please don't take my Swiss cheese memory as any indication that the curios which Dale's offering for sale aren't storytelling gold.

P-BOT/1138

i got these at the time they were released. i had to mail order them from somewhere to get them,mind. there were 4 issues. the fourth was a special with differant artists. i, l even had the t-shirt.

vark

Trout

That seller's got lots of old fanzines. Thought I should mention it, because I know some of you collect them. I see it includes the McMahon/Bolland Dredd-with-dead-superheroes thing.

http://shop.ebay.fr/ewan_b/m.html?hash=item2a1fe3dec6&item=180923653830&pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_Comic_Magazines_ET&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Pete Wells

Yeah, I've got the Shit the Dog mags tucked away and I love 'em. I get them out from time to time and they always crack me up!

Fatboydale

Fatboydale

I have ebayed the Shit the Dogs and some Original artwork ...i am always open side deals or swaps ..

http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=fatboydale