Main Menu

Prog 1807 - We love Gavin Leahy!

Started by Pete Wells, 27 October, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

This week's prog feels like Tharg's personal "fuck you" to me after my criticisms of last week's prog.

I should know better than to question the mighty one.

Brilliant prog wrapped up in my favourite cover of the year.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Spikes

A quick look at this thread (without clicking on the spoilers!) and it looks like summat special is waiting for us?
Those 3 days, til Wednesday, are so gonna drag!!

blixab

Top Prog - don't want to say any more for fear of spoiling it for the none subscribers.

Pete Wells

Quote from: JamesC on 27 October, 2012, 12:15:09 PM
Brilliant prog wrapped up in my favourite cover of the year.

Clint has just sent that through, s'beautiful. I'll upload it to the blog tonight...

Dark Jimbo

Clever, clever, clever, CLEVER.

This is what I get for doubting Tharg.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Well, that was stunning. Hats off to all involved.

A.Cow

Gavin_Leahy_Block

This will be the longest wait I have for a prog ever.

I had to check the spoilers as I could not resist, [spoiler]I had suspensions that Low Life and The Simping Detective would be connected, the ducks on the wall a few of weeks ago were my biggest clue, but I would have never imagined that they would be somehow connected to Dredd. This must be why Si Spurrier was so excited, yet very cagey when I was talking to him about The Simping Detective at DICE.[/spoiler]   

Dandontdare

First time my prog's come on a Saturday for ages - woohoo! As usual I saved Dredd till last, [spoiler]which turned out to be a mistake this week. [/spoiler]
Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 October, 2012, 02:36:19 PM[spoiler]It may be a bad idea to have two ex-meg strips about undercover judges running in the prog at the same time, but when they're both this good I don't care.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I did toy with the idea, but thought naah, they're too different, that's just crazy talk. Hush my mouth. Still trying to get my head around it all, but very coolly done.[/spoiler]
And yay Gavin Leahy block!

ABC warriors is currently better than it's been for a long time, really loving this run (has anyone worked out whether the dates match up to Quartz's ancient brother who we met in that old Ro-busters story? I bet they do.

And Brass Sun continues to delight. I read the speech in thee final panel and then did a double-take as my eye finally registered the other automatons coming through the grass - that's beautiful cliff-hangering artwork there.

Top prog wrapped in a great cover. Tharg continues to surprise and delight. I'm going to make another brew and read it all again front to back I think.

Colin YNWA

Well, well and indeed well. You know whats great about all three of the Dredd world stories is [spoiler]that for all their connections and frankly stunning intertwining is they still read fine as individual stories[/spoiler]. I was half way through Simping Detective thinking, oh that's weird so much overlap between the two... penny dropped Colin feels particularly stupid. Its funny after saying I was disappointed that the Wagner Death and co story wasn't running along side a main Dredd story (as suggested by a resent CBR article) as that could led to some interesting stuff, a few days later we get this instead.  Massive congratulations to all concerned brilliant stuff.

So you think that'd be it and for its sheer innovation it all wins the Prog hands down BUT to be honest if you were to ask me on an individual story basis whats the Prog's highlight I'd honestly say its Brass Sun. With everything that's going on it really is that good. Bloody love it. Oh and poor old ABC Warriors if Tharg still had those cut out polls this fella would be rock bottom, which is no fair reflection of how good it is and how much fun.

Seriously just when you thought the Galaxies greatest couldn't get any better Tharg pulls this one off and gives us all a nerdgasm.

True genius.

Proudhuff

Spoilers look away now you Wedesday boys...

Great cover, I know black, red and white classic baddie colours but it should works here.

The E-Wing Droid is responsible for my cat's upset, I did really bark out loud at the site of [spoiler]Roffman and the his 'Sphincter and you' [/spoiler] who said he was anally retentive?? Loved [spoiler]Roffman's[/spoiler] questions too.

[spoiler]Teleport ? to where? when?[/spoiler] aaaaaaagh!

And Gavin's Block yah!

The linking of[spoiler] Simp, DF and Dredd is [/spoiler] genius, pure and simples, the flying ducks, cups o tea dunking bourbons

Alle Hagel das Projekt!! as they say on the moon.

Damage report gives a hint of what it takes to get here thro  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Fisticuffs

Absolutely LOVED it, had to read the first page of Simp' twice and then go back to Dredd to make sure I wasn't imagining things. Top stuff!!!

Fisticuffs

Oh and also, when did the 'new' Lawmasters come into use? Or is it just a case of individual artistic interpetation? Either way, I think the one in this prog is pretty damn awesome.

Buttonman

Hat doffed to the Mighty One - still pulling off surprises 35 years on. Just a shame they couldn't [spoiler]shoe horn in Dredd world references to Brass Sun and The ABCs - or maybe I just missed them?[/spoiler]