2000 AD > General

Patrick Goddard or Kev Walker - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 10

(1/5) > >>

Colin YNWA:
Patrick Goddard is an under-rated genius in my eyes. His art is so 2000ad, tight and nimble, yet with a rugged strength. Clean and sharp, yet with a grit that feels so grounded and real. He might have only got to the second round of the Current tourney, but I think his art is long overdue reappraisal. Kev Walker didn’t get out the first round of the Classic tourney BUT he drew Mike McMahon so his form can’t be based on that. His art has developed so completely across this long time under Tharg’s wing that in some ways he’s hard to pin down. Do you love his close, precious inks when he started, his bright, tidy painted work in ABCs, or his clinical high contrast later work? Or does his simple variety ring your bells?

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee…

Patrick Goddard - more info

OR

Kev Walker - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can’t be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I’ll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Monday 17th May

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don’t understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I’ll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
Goddard 4
Walker 1

SBT

broodblik:
Very difficult one this one for me but I will give the benefit the the current artist:

Goddard 3: Walker 2

Magnetica:
Patrick Goddard has to be one of the most underrated artists on Tharg’s books. He never produces anything less than good clean art with clear story telling. I’m always happy to see him in the Prog.

Kev Walker has been a major contributor over the years and has produced some stunning art but has never quite got the plaudits that some others do; but suspect there is much lover for his work on this Forum.

Goddard 3 : 2 Walker

AlexF:
I respect Goddard's work but in all honesty it has never quite sparked for me. Walker, on the other hand, was one of the very best things in the Prog/Meg circa 1991, and then he found a way to improve his work when he chucked in the paints and started cartooning. If there was a Dredd chin-off between artists, Siku might win it for sheer size and pointiness, but Walker would win on granite-factor.

Walker 4, Goddard 1

(I'm giving Goddard points for the later books of Savage - his crowd scenes of humans in Blackblood masks were genuinely awesome)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version