Main Menu

ZshhooOOOmmMM! New Sar Wars pics...

Started by therev, 02 January, 2005, 08:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

I'm not too close to my father either. He has no idea what kind of girl I like. He just tells me his views on women, all of which are personified by my mother :-)

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Max Kon

I'm saying that my dad's veiw of a great gal is my ma.

paulvonscott

Does anyone else think these Sith chappies would be better off in a polygamous relationship?  I mean, it's all very well them always being two of them, but if there wasn't all this fighting to be their master's 'little' chum, surely there would be a lot more of them about?

The more I hear about the movie, the worse it sounds and the more I'm looking forward to it ;)

Bico

What about the whole issue of 'balance' to the Force?  I always wondered how there could be balance with only Jedi and no Sith.  I thought it was supposed to be some kind of Karma-type arrangement or something?  With the original trilogy, there was Emperor Palpitine and Darth Vader on the Sith side, and Yoda and Ben Kenobi on the Jedi side, with the Force in balance as a result.  Then Ben dies so Luke can take his place, (the Force still in balance), then Leia starts acting up once Yoda pops his clogs.
So how did it work for all those years leading up to The Phantom Menace?  Where was the balance there?  And what about after Return of the Jedi?  Did either Luke or Leia turn evil to bring balance back to the Force?

Whatever.  I liked the big dog-type effers from Empire Strikes Back.  They rocked.

Tanky

nooo! link not work! Tanky want star wars!

Tanky

Jared Katooie

Bear, In the new trilogy the balance was prophesised but hadn't come to pass yet. The jedi assumed that by balance the sith would be eliminated but ironically what it actually meant was a big jedi massacre. Thats the one truly clever idea in the new trilogy but they dont really emphasise it enough.

Something Fishy

that link doesnt seem to work? am i going wrong somewhere?

Bico

Actually, that does sound clever, but you have to wonder why the universe's bestest fightin' and thinkin' types couldn't see it coming.

Max Kon

Jared Katooie

"but you have to wonder why the universe's bestest fightin' and thinkin' types couldn't see it coming."

I think it was due to the fact that the Jedi had become somewhat arrogant and complacent over time. For example in episode 2 Obi Wan asks for imformation on a planet and is told that if the record arent in the Jedi database thingy then the planet couldn't possibly exist.

Again another idea that could have been developed but wasn't. I'd rather have seen John Wagner script the trilogy to be honest. He'd have made it truly kick ass. For proof read his take on Boba Fett, it's so good I'd rate it higher than some of his Dredd work.

Something Fishy

thanks, i did wonder.

maybe they did not have right to be showing that?

Jared Katooie

"maybe they did not have right to be showing that?"

Almost definitely not due to the spoilery nature of the images.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/MomokoSakura68/770709.gif>

Something Fishy

right.   Lucas' band of Merry Lawyers must have descended upon them like a rash.