Main Menu

Prog 1427: Shadow Of The Vampire

Started by shazhughes, 21 February, 2005, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Cover : I really don't like this, it looks very rushed to me

Dredd : Excellent stuff. Art and story are fab.

2nd C.B : Enjoying this in a Hollyoaks is on and I cant be arsed finding the remote kind of way. The art really has picked up this prog as well.

Tiger Sun : Ok tale with some nice art.

Low Life : I still don't like DF as a comedy character. OK.

Dante : What-Evah!

Letters : I haven't used the word shite this whole review sooooo....Forbidden Planet changed where they stock the new prog this week and I had to hunt for it. That was Shite!

Overall : So-so.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

petesbeats

It's Thursday and I still haven't recieved my prog. Thoroughly pissed off indeed. Any other subscribers in this predicament???

Banners

Don't be fed up - just give Subs a call (number on the site somewhere?) and they'll send a replacement sharpish I'm sure.

M@

Krustabi

Another lacklustre prog.

D'redd - Enjoyable, can't say much really, solid script from Wagner (as ever), lovely art from D'izzy (as ever)

SCB - Normally weirdness is a very good thing, but this is the bad "Shit, I've finished writing the plot with 3 or so episodes to spare" weirdness.

TSDM - BBBBBOOOOOOORRRRIIIIINNNNGGGGG. For God's sake, a child King in a Feudal society, can't Radio 4's worst enemy think of anything new? Tripe.

Low Life - It's lost me. It's shame that Coleby usually only gets put on "comedy" stories, as he could do much better. Nice to see them more or less recycling the cliffhanger from the first episode though...

Dante - Too many plot threads spoil the broth. We've had 9 weeks of "I hate you Mum/I love you childhood sweetheart/I don't trust you and I fancy your mum/Do my bidding or I'll kill the ikkle childwen", which has now culminated in a dull fight ending only one of these tedious threads. Dante seriously needs a kick up the backside before it reaches Slaine - county.

Input - Arse

Wake

I'm not so sure about the Noferatu though, I preffered Ron Smith's original version.

Which story was that in? I've only attached Black Widow from the Megazine to the character.

Wake

Lobo Baggins

Which story was that in? I've only attached Black Widow from the Megazine to the character.

'Nosferatu', prog 430 - 433.

It's also on the cover of prog 433.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Tordelbach

"I'm not so sure about the Noferatu though, I preffered Ron Smith's original version. "

Blimey. I HATED Smith's original version (we used to refer to as it the 'Nose Ferret story', back in t'day), don't remember Black Widow AT ALL, but really like the Dizzy version - suitably creepy and very well characterised.

As for the rest:

2nd CB:  Why do I like this rubbish?  Why?  But I do.  I really do.  The anthology format shows its strengths again, I would NEVER have read this as a standalone comic...

TSDM:  As a standalone episode this was fantastic.  I think it might have worked slightly better if the first epsiode had been a double-length combo of the opener and this one.  My only problem so far is that I have no idea why Parkhouse bothered to muddy the waters with the Dreddverse schtick, it's really not necessary.  I think we can all handle two different future Japans in the one (two) comic(s).

Low Life:  Dirty Frank is really fulfilling his early potential in this one - terrific vibrant stuff, what Hicklenton's "Heavy Metal Dredd" should have been!  More!

Dante:  Oh good, it's finally over, after about 200 episodes (or so it seems).  Can we have the real Robbie Morrison back now please, Mr. Tharg?  And let the magnificent Burns draw something a bit more worthwhile than flaming Bat-winged-Rasputin-alikes?

Input:  What in the name of arsegikery was THAT about?  I'm all for drumming up correspondance for the letters page, but really, this is the LEAST scary board/newsgroup on the whole Interweb (Linton might want to visit alt.tasteless ["the cesspool of Usenet".. heh] or even alt.comics.2000AD archives from the Sc*j* years if he wants a scary internet experience...)  And I think from the length of the average Mills/Slaine thread that we are a house divided on that subject.

Funtwangle

why is scb so much fun
dredd is crap... i think you guys all like the artist so much you cant see it
i dont reckon much to the hondo one
dante was aces again
dirty frank makes me laugh out loud